Houston with the Oakland Raiders
|Born:||June 24, 1987|
San Francisco, California
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||274 lb (124 kg)|
|High school:||Colorado Springs (CO) Doherty|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44|
|Career NFL statistics|
Frederick Lamarr Houston (born June 24, 1987) is a former American football outside linebacker. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Texas.
Houston attended Thomas B. Doherty High School in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where he was a letterman in football, basketball, and track. He played linebacker and running back. He finished his high school career with 3,325 rushing yards and 49 touchdowns as a running back and 239 tackles and 13 sacks as a linebacker.
Houston started his college career with the University of Texas as a defensive end but switched to defensive tackle as a junior. During his career, he started 33 of 50 games, recording 133 tackles and 14 sacks. He recorded 10 tackles and a sack in the Longhorns loss to the Alabama Crimson Tide in the 2010 BCS National Championship Game.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 5⁄8 in
|4.84 s||1.68 s||2.80 s||4.71 s||7.61 s||33 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 6 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
On March 11, 2014, Houston and the Chicago Bears agreed to a five-year contract. The deal is worth $35 million, with $15 million guaranteed. On October 26, Houston tore his ACL while celebrating a sack of New England Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, while the Bears were losing by 25 points. The incident was similar to linebacker Stephen Tulloch's, who also tore his ACL, while celebrating a sack earlier in the season.
In 2015, Houston moved to the linebacker position under new defensive coordinator Vic Fangio's 3–4 defense. As a linebacker, he recorded a career and team high eight sacks. He did not play much during the early portion of the season until Jared Allen was traded; he played only four snaps against the Minnesota Vikings, but recorded 28 tackles, five sacks and six TFLs in from week nine to fourteen. In the final nine games, he had seven sacks, the sixth-most in that stretch.
In 2016, in the second game of the season, Houston tore the ACL in his left knee during Monday Night Football against the Philadelphia Eagles. He was placed on injured reserve on September 22, 2016.
On September 2, 2017, Houston was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. He was then released on September 6. Houston concluded his three-year tenure with the Bears with 70 tackles and nine sacks over 26 games.
Chicago Bears (second stint)
- Lamarr Houston - Yahoo Sports
- "Lamarr Houston Draft Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- "Raiders Trade Back, Select Lamarr Houston". Oakland Raiders. April 23, 2010. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Sessler, Marc (March 11, 2014). "Bears, Lamarr Houston agree to five-year deal". National Football League. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- Gardner, Sam (October 26, 2014). "Em-Bear-assment: Lamarr Houston's sack dance goes horribly wrong". FoxSports.com. Retrieved October 26, 2014.
- Dickerson, Jeff (October 27, 2014). "Lamarr Houston out for season". ESPN. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- Jahns, Adam (March 26, 2016). "Lamarr Houston, Willie Young won over new Bears brass". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Mayer, Larry (February 10, 2016). "Position focus on Bears linebackers". Chicago Bears. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- Neveau, James (September 20, 2016). "Lamarr Houston Suffered Torn ACL in Bears' Loss". NBCChicago.com. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Bergman, Jeremy (September 22, 2016). "Bears elevate QB Matt Barkley to active roster". NFL.com. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Mayer, Larry (September 2, 2017). "Bears reach NFL's 53-man roster limit". ChicagoBears.com.
- "Chicago Bears release injured veteran Lamarr Houston". NFL.com. September 6, 2017.
- Mayer, Larry (September 6, 2017). "Bears release Lamarr Houston from IR". ChicagoBears.com. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans add three to active roster". HoustonTexans.com. October 11, 2017.
- Gantt, Darin (November 28, 2017). "Texans releasing veteran Lamarr Houston". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Williams, Charean (November 29, 2017). "Bears claim Lamarr Houston off waivers". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Emma, Chris (December 19, 2017). "Lamarr Houston Producing In Second Stint With Bears". CBS Chicago. Retrieved February 17, 2018.
- "Lamarr Houston Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved January 14, 2014.