Houston during his tenure with the Raiders
|No. 99 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:||June 24, 1987|
|Place of birth:||San Francisco, California|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school:||Colorado Springs (CO) Doherty|
|NFL draft:||2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Frederick Lamarr Houston (born June 24, 1987) is an American football outside linebacker for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Texas.
Houston attended Thomas B. Doherty High School in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where he was a letterman in football, basketball and track. He played linebacker and running back. He finished his career with 3,325 rushing yards and 49 touchdowns as a running back and 239 tackles and 13 sacks as a linebacker.
Houston started his college career as a defensive end but switched to defensive tackle as a junior. During his career he started 33 of 50 games, recording 133 tackles and 14 sacks. He recorded 10 tackles and a sack during the Longhorns loss to the Alabama Crimson Tide in the 2010 BCS National Championship Game.
2010 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2⅝ in||305 lb||33 in||10 in||4.84 s||1.68 s||2.80 s||4.71 s||7.61 s||33½ in||9 ft 6 in||30 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On March 11, 2014, Houston and the Chicago Bears agreed to a five-year contract. The deal is worth $35 million, with $15 million guaranteed. On October 26, Houston tore his ACL while celebrating a sack of New England Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, while the Bears were losing by 25 points. The incident was similar to Stephen Tulloch's, who also tore his ACL, while celebrating a sack earlier in the season.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
- Lamarr Houston - Yahoo Sports
- "Lamarr Houston Draft Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- Raiders Trade Back, Select Lamarr Houston
- Sessler, Marc (March 11, 2014). "Bears, Lamarr Houston agree to five-year deal". National Football League. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- Gardner, Sam (October 26, 2014). "Em-Bear-assment: Lamarr Houston's sack dance goes horribly wrong". FoxSports.com. Retrieved October 26, 2014.
- Dickerson, Jeff (2014-10-27). "Lamarr Houston out for season". ESPN. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
- "Lamarr Houston Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 14 January 2014.