From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lambda is the eleventh letter of the Greek alphabet that is λ, and capital form Λ.
Lambda may also refer to:
Physics and mathematics
- Lambda baryon, a type of subatomic particle
- Lambda point, the temperature below which normal fluid helium (helium I) transitions to superfluid helium II
- Wilks' lambda distribution, a probability distribution used in multivariate hypothesis testing
- Lambda calculus, formal system for function definition
- Goodman and Kruskal's lambda in statistics indicates the proportional reduction in error when one variable's values are used to predict the values of another variable
- The cosmological constant, represented by a capital lambda – Λ
- Flux linkage, an electromagnetic property of a two-terminal electric circuit element
- Lambda (unit), a mostly obsolete name or notation for the microliter
- Lambda transition, a group in condensed matter physics.
- Lambda (programming), used in some programming languages to denote anonymous functions or closures
- National LambdaRail, a research high-speed computer network
- Unlambda, a functional programming language based upon combinatory logic, a simplification of the lambda calculus that does not involve the lambda at all, hence the un- prefix
- AWS Lambda, compute service that runs your code in response to events and automatically manages the compute resources for you, making it easy to build applications that respond quickly to new information.
- Lambda architecture
- Lambda (anatomy), the point on the skull where the two parietal bones and the occipital bone come together
- Lambda phage, a virus that infects bacteria
- Lambda School of Music and Fine Arts, in Pierrefonds, Montreal, Quebec
- Not to be confused with LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art), a drama school located in London, UK
- Lambda-class shuttle, a transport vehicle in the Star Wars universe
- GM Lambda platform, a crossover SUV automobile platform from General Motors
- Lancia Lambda, an historic Italian automobile
- Lambda (rocket), a series of Japanese rockets
- Lambda, air–fuel equivalence ratio to stoichiometry in engines
- Lambda probe, an automotive oxygen sensor
- Lambda-Delta (or Lambdadelta), a witch in Umineko no Naku Koro ni
- Lambda-11, a character in the BlazBlue series
- Lambda Complex, a location in the Half-Life video game
- Lambda Zellweger, a character in the video game Wild Arms 4
- Lambda Angelus, a major character in the video game Tales of Graces
- Lambda Literary Awards, a group of U.S. book awards for gay and lesbian literature
- Lambda Legal, a gay and lesbian legal advocacy group in the United States
- Lambda Rising, a gay and lesbian bookstore in Washington, DC
- Lambda (olive oil), a Greek olive oil brand
- The lambda is an international LGBT rights symbol
- The lambda is a recurring symbol and part of the stylization (HλLF-LIFE) of the video-game series Half-Life created by Valve Corporation
- It is used as the symbol of Generation Identity and means 'Everyman'.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lambda.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.