Lambda Archives of San Diego
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lambda Archives Logo
Jess Jessop incorporated the Lesbian and Gay Archives of San Diego in 1987, starting the collection with materials that he and Doug Moore had gathered. Lambda Archives’ primary focus is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) history and culture in the San Diego County, Tijuana (Baja California, Mexico) Region. Lambda Archives is an all-volunteer, nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
President Frank Nobiletti has brought in a considerable number of student volunteers from San Diego State University. These volunteers assist the archive staff by performing various necessary and ongoing tasks.
In 2007, the archives began holding an annual gala to build additional support in the community and generating additional donations.
The 2011 Honorees were Larry Bazza, Jennifer LeSar, Doug Case, Carol Pierce, Judi Schaim, Jeff Wynne, George Murphy, Gloria Johnson, Max Disposti, Stewart Bornhoft, Bill Beck, Sara Beth Brooks (Youth Award) 
City hall exhibit
Board of Directors
Board President: Frank Nobiletti. Display Committee Chairman: Patrick Salvatierra 
- "GLT » Lambda Archives – Heroes, Pioneers & Trailblazers". Gaylesbiantimes.com. 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110805211556/http://www.gay-sd.com/communities/news/lambda-archives-to-honor-lgbt-trainblazers-history-makers-at-feb-11-fundraising-gala/. Archived from the original on August 5, 2011. Retrieved 2013-12-03. Missing or empty
- (PDF) http://www.sandiego.gov/citycouncil/cd3/pdf/100713.pdf. Retrieved 2013-12-03. Missing or empty
- http://www.gay-sd.com/communities/history/gsd-news-briefs/. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100710223335/http://www.gay-sd.com/communities/history/lambda-archives-to-host-first-ever-lgbt-themed-display-at-city-hall/. Archived from the original on July 10, 2010. Missing or empty
Board of Directors 2012 - 2013 President: MAUREEN Steiner; Treasurer Mel Merrill; Secretary: tbd.