Epoch J2000 Equinox J2000
|Right ascension||05h 19m 08.47420s|
|Declination||+40° 05′ 56.5826″|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||4.71|
|Spectral type||G1 V|
|U−B color index||+0.13|
|B−V color index||+0.62|
|R−I color index||0.32|
|Radial velocity (Rv)||66.5 km/s|
|Proper motion (μ)||RA: +±0.26518.99 mas/yr
Dec.: ±0.13−665.06 mas/yr
|Parallax (π)||79.17 ± 0.28 mas|
|Distance||41.2 ± 0.1 ly
(12.63 ± 0.04 pc)
|Surface gravity (log g)||4.02 cgs|
|Metallicity [Fe/H]||+0.01 dex|
|Rotational velocity (v sin i)||2 km/s|
Lambda Aurigae (λ Aur, λ Aurigae) is the Bayer designation for a solar analog star in the northern constellation of Auriga. It has the traditional name Al Hurr and is visible to the naked eye with an apparent visual magnitude of 4.71. Based upon parallax measurements made during the Hipparcos mission, it is approximately 41.2 light-years (12.6 parsecs) distant from the Earth.
This is a G-type main sequence star with a stellar classification of G1 V. In terms of composition it is similar to the Sun, while the mass and radius are slightly larger. It is 73% more luminous than the Sun and radiates this energy from its outer atmosphere at an effective temperature of . 5890 K At this heat, the star glows with the yellow hue of a G-type star. It has a low level of surface activity and is a candidate Maunder minimum analog.
Lambda Aurigae has been examined for the presence of excess infrared emission that may indicate the presence of a circumstellar disk of dust, but no significant surplus has been observed. It is a possible member of the Epsilon Indi Moving Group of stars that share a common motion through space. The space velocity components of this star are [U, V, W] = [+76, –39, –6] km/s.
This star is sometimes called by the name Al Hurr, meaning the fawn in Arabic. Lambda Aurigae, along with μ Aur and ρ Aur, were Kazwini's Al Ḣibāʽ (ألحباع), the Tent. According to the catalogue of stars in the Technical Memorandum 33-507 - A Reduced Star Catalog Containing 537 Named Stars, Al Ḣibāʽ were the title for three stars : λ Aur as Al Ḣibāʽ I, μ Aur as Al Ḣibāʽ II and ρ Aur as Al Ḣibāʽ III.
In Chinese, 咸池 (Xián Chí), meaning Pool of Harmony, refers to an asterism consisting of λ Aurigae, ρ Aurigae and HD 36041. Consequently, λ Aurigae itself is known as 咸池三 (Xián Chí sān, English: the Third Star of Pool of Harmony.)
- van Leeuwen, Floor (November 2007), "Validation of the new Hipparcos reduction", Astronomy and Astrophysics, 474 (2): 653–664, arXiv: , Bibcode:2007A&A...474..653V, doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20078357. Note: see VizieR catalogue I/311.
- Johnson, H. L.; et al. (1966), "UBVRIJKL photometry of the bright stars", Communications of the Lunar and Planetary Laboratory, 4 (99), Bibcode:1966CoLPL...4...99J.
- Boyajian, Tabetha S.; et al. (February 2012), "Stellar Diameters and Temperatures. I. Main-sequence A, F, and G Stars", The Astrophysical Journal, 746 (1): 101, arXiv: , Bibcode:2012ApJ...746..101B, doi:10.1088/0004-637X/746/1/101.. See Table 10.
- Nordström, B.; et al. (May 2004), "The Geneva-Copenhagen survey of the Solar neighbourhood. Ages, metallicities, and kinematic properties of ˜14 000 F and G dwarfs", Astronomy and Astrophysics, 418: 989–1019, arXiv: , Bibcode:2004A&A...418..989N, doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20035959.
- Takeda, Genya; et al. (February 2007), "Structure and Evolution of Nearby Stars with Planets. II. Physical Properties of ~1000 Cool Stars from the SPOCS Catalog", The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series, 168 (2): 297–318, arXiv: , Bibcode:2007ApJS..168..297T, doi:10.1086/509763.
- Chen, Y. Q.; et al. (February 2000), "Chemical composition of 90 F and G disk dwarfs", Astronomy and Astrophysics Supplement, 141: 491–506, arXiv: , Bibcode:2000A&AS..141..491C, doi:10.1051/aas:2000124.
- Kovtyukh, V. V.; et al. (2003), "High precision effective temperatures for 181 F-K dwarfs from line-depth ratios", Astronomy and Astrophysics, 411 (3): 559–564, arXiv: , Bibcode:2003A&A...411..559K, doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20031378.
- Takeda, Yoichi; et al. (February 2005), "High-Dispersion Spectra Collection of Nearby F--K Stars at Okayama Astrophysical Observatory: A Basis for Spectroscopic Abundance Standards", Publications of the Astronomical Society of Japan, 57 (1): 13–25, Bibcode:2005PASJ...57...13T, doi:10.1093/pasj/57.1.13.
- Mamajek, Eric E.; Hillenbrand, Lynne A. (November 2008), "Improved Age Estimation for Solar-Type Dwarfs Using Activity-Rotation Diagnostics", The Astrophysical Journal, 687 (2): 1264–1293, arXiv: , Bibcode:2008ApJ...687.1264M, doi:10.1086/591785.
- "LHS 1753 -- High proper-motion Star", SIMBAD Astronomical Database, Centre de Données astronomiques de Strasbourg, retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Greaves, J. S.; Wyatt, M. C.; Bryden, G. (August 2009), "Debris discs around nearby solar analogues", Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 397 (2): 757–762, arXiv: , Bibcode:2009MNRAS.397..757G, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2009.15048.x.
- Kaler, James, "LAMBDA AUR (Lambda Aurigae)", Stars, retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Allen, R. H. (1963). Star Names: Their Lore and Meaning (Reprint ed.). New York, NY: Dover Publications Inc. p. 91. ISBN 0-486-21079-0. Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- "The Colour of Stars", Australia Telescope, Outreach and Education, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, December 21, 2004, retrieved 2012-01-16.
- Lubin, Dan; Tytler, David; Kirkman, David (March 2012), "Frequency of Maunder Minimum Events in Solar-type Stars Inferred from Activity and Metallicity Observations", The Astrophysical Journal Letters, 747 (2): L32, Bibcode:2012ApJ...747L..32L, doi:10.1088/2041-8205/747/2/L32.
- Kovacs, N.; Foy, R. (August 1978), "A detailed analysis of three stars in the Eggen's Epsilon INDI moving group", Astronomy and Astrophysics, 68 (1–2): 27–31, Bibcode:1978A&A....68...27K.
- Rhoads, Jack W. (November 15, 1971), Technical Memorandum 33-507-A Reduced Star Catalog Containing 537 Named Stars (PDF), California Institute of Technology: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, retrieved 2012-08-19.
- (Chinese) 中國星座神話, written by 陳久金. Published by 台灣書房出版有限公司, 2005, ISBN 978-986-7332-25-7.
- (Chinese) AEEA (Activities of Exhibition and Education in Astronomy) 天文教育資訊網 2006 年 7 月 13 日