Epoch J2000.0 Equinox J2000.0
|Right ascension||23h 42m 02.8062s|
|Declination||+1° 46′ 48.147″|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||4.49|
|U−B color index||+0.07|
|B−V color index||+0.21|
|Radial velocity (Rv)||+12.4 km/s|
|Proper motion (μ)||RA: -129.55 mas/yr
Dec.: -154.87 mas/yr
|Parallax (π)||32.38 ± 0.84 mas|
|Distance||101 ± 3 ly
(30.9 ± 0.8 pc)
Lambda Piscium (Lambda Psc, λ Piscium, λ Psc) is a star approximately 101 light years away from Earth in the constellation Pisces. It is a bluish-white star of A7V spectral classification, meaning it has a surface temperature of 7,500 to 11,000 kelvins. It is much brighter and hotter in surface temperature than the Sun, yet is approximately the same size. Lambda Piscium forms the southeast corner of the "Circlet" in Pisces.
In Chinese, 雲雨 (Yún Yǔ), meaning Cloud and Rain, refers to an asterism consisting of refers to an asterism consisting of λ Piscium, κ Piscium, 12 Piscium and 21 Piscium. Consequently, λ Piscium itself is known as 雲雨四 (Yún Yǔ sì, English: the Fourth Star of Cloud and Rain.)
- "Simbad Query Result". Simbad. Retrieved September 30, 2007.
- Boyajian, Tabetha S.; et al. (July 2013), "Stellar Diameters and Temperatures. III. Main-sequence A, F, G, and K Stars: Additional High-precision Measurements and Empirical Relations", The Astrophysical Journal, 771 (1): 31, arXiv:, Bibcode:2013ApJ...771...40B, doi:10.1088/0004-637X/771/1/40, 40. See Table 3.
- "Hipparcos Star Catalog Entry". Retrieved September 30, 2007.
- "Space.com - Meteor Watch, September 1-7, 2000". Retrieved September 30, 2007.
- (Chinese) AEEA (Activities of Exhibition and Education in Astronomy) 天文教育資訊網 2006 年 7 月 8 日