Lambda (olive oil)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Product type||Olive Oil|
|Owner||Speiron (Athens, Greece)|
Lambda (stylized λ /lambda/) is a Greek luxury olive oil brand, produced by Speiron company, founded in 2007 by Greek entrepreneur Giorgos Kolliopoulos. It has been called the first luxury olive oil in the world. Its brand name originates from the Greek word λάδι (ladi) which means oil in Greek.
Lambda has been noted for its stylized packaging. Its marketing is targeted at affluent consumers through exclusive distribution channels and word-of-mouth. It is sold online, in Greece, Brazil, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Netherlands, Luxembourg  and UK department stores Harrods and Fortnum & Mason.. Its customers include several billionaires like Lynda Resnick and Bill Marriott, millionaires, trendsetters and members of Royal families such as the King of Jordan.
- Acidity: 0.17° (Harvest 2017-2018)
- Packaging: 100 ml. & 500 ml. glass bottle - handcrafted gift box packaging
- Specifications: Cold extraction, superior blend of Koroneiki olive varieties, entirely bottled by hand
In October 2010, the company announced the launch of the Bespoke Lambda, which is the first personalized olive oil in the world, being also the most expensive globally.
In December 2014, λ /lambda/ olive oil was included in the most expensive Christmas hamper that broke the Guinness World Record for a hamper. 
Silver Award Medal, New York Festivals 2008.
In June 2011, the company signed a direct vendor agreement with Harrods.
- "Γιώργος Κολιόπουλος: Ο entrepreneur που είδε το ελληνικό λάδι ως "υγρό χρυσό"" (Interview). To Vima (in Greek). Lambrakis Press Group. 8 December 2010. Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- Marketing an “Ultra-Premium” Olive Oil, The olive Oil Times - May 2010
- λ /lambda/ olive oil, Wallpaper magazine, UK – September 2007 Archived 2010-11-23 at the Wayback Machine.
- Fancy oils’ slick new direction, Packaging News magazine, UK – October 2008
- Gourmet Groceries for more, Time magazine, USA - March 2008
- Hit buy and let the prosciutto fly, LA Times, USA – November 2007
- "Το πρώτο premium ελαιόλαδο είναι ελληνικό" (in Greek). 6 March 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- L'huile d'olive de Speiron, aussi chère qu'un grand vin, Le Journal Du Net – October 2009
- Fortnum & Mason - Lambda olive oil
- Bespoke Lambda Handcrafted Olive Oil, The Dieline - October 2010
- Most expensive Christmas hamper: VeryFirst To breaks Guinness World Record - December 2014
- Lambda Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Luxury Insider - July 2008
- "Ποιο ελληνικό λάδι πουλιέται στο Harrods;" (Journal Post) (in Greek). August 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a Greek company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|