Lambert Bartak (April 8, 1919 – November 3, 2013) was the full-time organist for the NCAA Division I College World Series at Johnny Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha, Nebraska. Lambert had played, full-time for the series, since 1983; he first played the organ for the event in the 1950s. Bartak also played (the organ) for the Omaha Royals from 1973 to 2002. Bartak performed in one of the few stadiums that still featured live music, as most stadiums had switched to prerecorded music. His image was often shown on the video screens at Rosenblatt and on broadcasts of the games.
Bartak is one of three organists to be ejected from a baseball game, the other being Wilbur Snapp in 1985 and Derek Dye in 2012. During an Omaha Royals game on May 26, 1988, Royals catcher Larry Owen argued a call with home plate umpire Angel Hernandez. Manager Glenn Ezell joined the fray and, during the argument, Bartak played the theme song from the Mickey Mouse Club. After Bartak played the spelling portion of the song, "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E", another umpire, by the name of Tony Maners, motioned to the press box ejecting Bartak. (Coincidentally, Maners later umpired during the 2006 College World Series).
Lambert Bartak retired following the 2010 CWS, ending his career with the ballpark he loved, Johnny Rosenblatt Stadium. TD Ameritrade Park, when it opened in 2011, ushered in the era of Lincoln, Nebraska native Jerry Pawlak as Bartak's successor at the organ. The original organ that Bartak played at Rosenblatt has been restored and is being used at TD Ameritrade.
He died at the age of 94 on November 3, 2013.
- "New Ballpark gets new organist". Omaha World Herald. 2011-06-14. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- Associated Press (1988-05-29). "Organist Hits Wrong Note". The New York Times. Retrieved 2006-06-19.
- "Blue note to stadium's swan song". Omaha World Herald. 2010-06-25. Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- "New ballpark gets new organist". Omaha World Herald. 2011-06-14. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- "Organ transplant for new ballpark". Omaha World Herald. 2011-03-05. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- "Lambert Bartak, longtime Rosenblatt organist, dead at 94". Omaha World Herald. 2013-11-04. Retrieved 2013-11-04.