|Lambley shown within Nottinghamshire|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Lambley is a small village and civil parish near Nottingham, England and is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 by the name of Lambeleia. One of its most famous "children" was Lord Ralph Cromwell. Born in the village in 1394, he became the Lord Treasurer of England to Henry VI, and was responsible for submitting the first budget to Parliament.
It is a pretty village, mostly untouched by urbanisation, since it is situated in the green belt. The population as of the 2011 census was 1,247. Due in part to its close commuting distance to Nottingham (approx 6 miles) houses in the village have become high priced real estate.
Famous People from Lambley
Nottingham City Transport
- 47: Nottingham – Mapperley – Lambley – Woodborough - Mapperley - Nottingham
- 48: Nottingham – Mapperley – Woodborough -Lambley – Mapperley - Nottingham
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Average house prices up in Nottinghamshire". 2 April 2014.
- "Lambley Primary School - Wikimapia". wikimapia.org.
- J. Gover, A. Mawer & F. M. Stenton (eds.), Place Names of Nottinghamshire (Cambridge, 1940), p.171; A.D.Mills, Dictionary of English Place-Names (Oxford, 2002), p.212; E .Ekwall, Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Place-names (Oxford, 1960), p.284
- wearebase.com, Base,. "Nottingham City Transport: Your frequent City bus network". www.nctx.co.uk.
- Tomlinson, Kevin. "Scarpgold Limited". www.lambleymotors.co.uk.
- "The Lambley - Village Kitchen". www.thelambley.co.uk.
- "K J Eaton & Co Mansfield Accountants Edwinstowe Nottinghamshire". www.kjeatonltd.co.uk.
- "PD Architecture - Nottingham and Leicester". PD Architecture.
- "Hilltop Nurseries, Nottingham". Hilltop Nurseries, Nottingham.
- "Lambley Caravan Storage, Lambley, Nottingham". Lambley Caravan Storage, Lambley, Nottingham.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lambley, Nottinghamshire.|