Lamborghini – The Legend
|Lamborghini – The Legend|
|Directed by||Robert Moresco|
|Written by||Robert Moresco|
|Based on||Ferruccio Lamborghini. La storia ufficiale|
by Tonino Lamborghini
|Distributed by||Ambi Distribution|
Lamborghini – The Legend follows "the long life of the iconic entrepreneur, from the manufacturing of tractors at the start of his career, to creating military vehicles during World War II, and then on to designing and building the Lamborghini cars that ultimately defined his profound legacy."
On December 29, 2015, it was announced that Ambi Media Group had optioned Lamborghini's life rights and was developing a feature film based on the life of automaker Ferruccio Lamborghini. The company planned to handle worldwide sales rights on the film through their Ambi Distribution arm. On May 11, 2017, it was reported that Michael Radford would direct the film from a script by Robert Moresco based on Tonino Lamborghini's biography about his father entitled Ferruccio Lamborghini. La storia ufficiale. On March 9, 2018, it was announced that Radford had stepped down as director due to scheduling conflicts. He was replaced in the position by Moresco, the film's screenwriter. On May 14, 2018, it was reported that the film will be co-financed and co-produced by TaTaTu, a newly-launched blockchain-based social entertainment platform.
Principal photography for the film was reportedly set to be begin on April 9, 2018 in Rome and Cento, Italy.
- McNary, Dave (December 29, 2015). "Lamborghini Movie in the Works at Ambi". Variety. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (May 11, 2017). "Antonio Banderas and Alec Baldwin to Play Lamborghini and Ferrari in Biopic". Variety. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Kit, Borys (May 11, 2017). "Cannes: Antonio Banderas, Alec Baldwin to Star in Lamborghini Biopic". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Anderson, Ariston (March 9, 2018). "'Lamborghini' Film Finds New Director". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Ritman, Alex (May 14, 2018). "Cannes: Lamborghini Biopic to Be Co-Financed by Blockchain Platform (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 14, 2018.