|Manufacturer||Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Full-size luxury car (F)|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Layout||Front-engine, all wheel drive|
|Transmission||7-Speed Dual-clutch transmission|
|Wheelbase||3,010 mm (118.5 in)|
|Length||5,150 mm (202.8 in)|
|Width||1,990 mm (78.3 in)|
|Height||1,350 mm (53.1 in)|
|Curb weight||1,665 kg (3,670.7 lb)|
The Lamborghini Estoque (Spanish pronunciation: [esˈtoke]) is a one-off Concept Car built by Lamborghini. Unlike almost all production Lamborghini cars, which are mid-engine, two-seater sports cars, the Estoque is a four-door sedan.
The Estoque was introduced at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. The Estoque is the first front-engine vehicle by Lamborghini since the LM002 utility vehicle. It is described as a "concept for a $230,000 four-door sedan". It currently houses a 5.2 litre V10 engine, although there has been speculation that this could be replaced by a V12, V8, or possibly even a hybrid or turbo-diesel engine, as suggested by Lamborghini's Brand Director, Manfred Fitzgerald.
Speculation regarding production
It was reported on 22 March 2009 that production plans for the Lamborghini Estoque were cancelled. Lamborghini executives responded to this by stating that the Estoque had not reached the production planning stage and that the decision whether to produce the Estoque or not has been delayed due to sales and marketing considerations. Stephan Winkelmann, Lamborghini's chairman, has since indicated that a four-door Lamborghini is likely, stating that response to the Estoque showed opportunities for Lamborghini outside the supercar market. However, Winkelmann also stated that Lamborghini does not have any plans to manufacture the Estoque and that it was only a concept vehicle.
- "Lamborghini Estoque: full details". Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "2009 Lamborghini Estoque Concept - Specifications". conceptcarz. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Lamborghini Estoque Review, Features and Specifications - Tech World". Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Lamborghini Estoque Is The Lamborghini Urus?". Jalopnik.com. 26 September 2008. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "Secret new Lambo revealed". Top Gear. Archived from the original on 5 October 2008. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "Estoque Concept". Dieselstation.com. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- Stahl, Andreas (30 September 2008). "Lamborghini Estoque Concept First Look". Edmunds.com. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- Davis, Matt (23 March 2009). "IL Exclusive: No Green Light - Yet - for Lamborghini Estoque Concept". Edmunds Inside Line. Edmunds. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
In conversation here with Fitzgerald and communications director Dominik Hoberg, both men stressed that the reports were off-base. "We had only just started any sort of feasibility study for the Estoque," said Fitzgerald.External link in
- "Estoque: dead or alive?". Top Gear.com. BBC Worldwide. 25 March 2009. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
...following unscrupulous reports circulating round the interweb last week that Lambo had canned the Estoque in the face of the current financial downturn (seriously, someone should invent a computer shortcut for that phrase), the Italian supercar maker has released a statement confirming that it hasn’t made any decision at all on its four-door’s future.External link in
- McIlroy, John (3 December 2010). "Lambo 4dr saloon is back on". Autocar.co.uk. Hammersmith, London, UK: Haymarket Consumer Media. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
Winkelmann said a four-door in the mould of the Estoque could attract new buyers to Lamborghini by offering a more practical proposition than the company’s two-seaters. “There are more opportunities in the segment of four-doors,” he said. “If we are going to offer a third model, it could be a ‘first’ car, bringing people to our brand.”External link in
- "Winding Road Magazine | Issue 63". WindingRoad.com. December 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
Winding Road: "What is the current status of the Estoque project?" Stephan Winkelmann: "We do not have any plans to develop the Estoque concept into a production vehicle. Estoque was always considered to be a concept car."External link in
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lamborghini Estoque.|
|Owner||Chrysler Corp.||Megatech||V'Power||Audi AG|