Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up lamella in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lamella (plural lamellae) means a small plate or flake in Latin, and in English may refer to:
- Lamella (mycology), a papery rib beneath a mushroom cap
- Lamella (surface anatomy), a plate-like structure in an animal
- Lamella of osteon, the concentric circles around the central Haversian canals
- Lamella (cell biology):
- Lamella (genus), a group of land crabs in the family Gecarcinucidae
- Uroleptus lamella, a species of protozoans
- Middle lamella, a pectin layer which cements the cell walls of two adjoining plant cells together
- Lamella (materials), a fine, plate-like structure, usually in a group
- Lamella clarifier, an inclined-plate clarifier used in water treatment systems
- Lamella (structures), used to cover wide, open areas with no supporting members (i.e. arenas, "domes")
- Musical instrument reed
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lamella.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.