Lamezia Terme International Airport
di Lamezia Terme
|Location||Lamezia Terme, Italy|
|Elevation AMSL||46 ft / 14 m|
Statistics from Assaeroporti
Lamezia Terme International Airport (Italian: Aeroporto Internazionale di Lamezia Terme "Sant'Eufemia") (IATA: SUF, ICAO: LICA) is an airport in the Sant'Eufemia district of Lamezia Terme, Calabria, Italy. It is the principal airport of Calabria. Additionally, a military helicopter unit, the 2° Reggimento dell'Aria "Sirio", is based near the airport.
In 1965, a consortium, CONSAER, was formed to build a new airport near the motorway, the railway and the port of Gioia Tauro; level ground near Lamezia Terme was chosen as the site. The airport opened in June 1976. Its IATA airport code SUF derives from the name Sant'Eufemia. Itavia began scheduled flights to Rome-Fiumicino, Milan-Linate, Catania and Palermo in December of that year. The airport was expanded and modernised in 1982.
Since 1990 it has been managed by SACAL SpA, which is jointly owned by various local government administrations and by private investors.
A contract to extend the runway from the current 2,414 m to 3,000 m was awarded on 27 December 2007. A design competition for a new passenger terminal to replace the present building was held in November 2008, and was won by Engco.
Airlines and destinations
- "Statistiche 2019".
- "Corendon announces Düsseldorf + Basel bases; 15 routes added at DUS". anna.aero. 7 September 2020.
- Liu, Jim (8 November 2019). "Finnair adds Lamezia Terme scheduled charters in S20". routesonline.com.
- Liu, Jim (23 April 2021). "LOT rozklad lotow".
- Liu, Jim (23 April 2021). "Jeszcze więcej wakacyjnych tras od LOT-u z całej Polski".
- "air and charter tickets". itaka.pl.
- "TUI Flight Program". agent.tui.ru.
Media related to Lamezia Terme International Airport at Wikimedia Commons