|Lamivudine||nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor|
|Nevirapine||non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor|
|Stavudine||nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor|
|Trade names||Triomune, others|
Lamivudine/nevirapine/stavudine (3TC/NVP/d4T) is a medication used to treat HIV/AIDS. It is a fixed dose combination of lamivudine, nevirapine, and stavudine. It is either used by itself or along with other antiretrovirals. It is taken by mouth twice a day.
The medication is generally well tolerated. Side effects are those of the underlying medications. This may include rash, numbness, pancreatitis, and high blood lactate levels. Use is not recommended in those with significant liver problems. It is unclear if use in pregnancy is safe for the baby and recommendations include starting in the second trimester if possible.
It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the most effective and safe medicines needed in a health system. The wholesale cost in the developing world is about 9.56 USD per month. As of 2015 it is not commercially available in the United States.
- WHO Model Formulary 2008 (PDF). World Health Organization. 2009. p. 160. ISBN 9789241547659. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Nevirapine/stavudine/lamivudine" (PDF). aidsmap. Archived (PDF) from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "WHO Model List of Essential Medicines (19th List)" (PDF). World Health Organization. April 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Lamivudine + Stavudine + Nevirapine". International Drug Price Indicator Guide. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- Kasper, Dennis L.; Fauci, Anthony S.; Hauser, Stephen; Longo, Dan; Jameson, J. Larry; Loscalzo, Joseph (2015). Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2). McGraw Hill Professional. p. 1277. ISBN 9780071802161. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20.
- Siegfried, NL; Van Deventer, PJ; Mahomed, FA; Rutherford, GW (19 April 2006). "Stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine combination therapy for treatment of HIV infection and AIDS in adults". The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (2): CD004535. PMID 16625606.