|Coordinates: 30°22′37″N 83°48′46″W / 30.37694°N 83.81278°WCoordinates: 30°22′37″N 83°48′46″W / 30.37694°N 83.81278°W|
|• Total||2.35 sq mi (6.08 km2)|
|• Land||2.35 sq mi (6.08 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||66 ft (20 m)|
|• Density||72.40/sq mi (27.95/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||285320|
Lamont is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Jefferson County, Florida, United States. As of the 2020 census,the population was 170.
Lamont is located on the eastern edge of Jefferson County at 30°22′37″N 83°48′47″W / 30.37694°N 83.81306°W (30.37694, -83.81306). It is bordered to the east by the Aucilla River, which forms the Madison County line.
U.S. Routes 19 and 27 run through the center of Lamont, leading southeast 23 miles (37 km) to Perry and west 6 miles (10 km) to Capps. Tallahassee, the state capital, is 29 miles (47 km) west of Lamont via US-27, while Monticello, the Jefferson county seat, is 16 miles (26 km) northwest of Lamont via US-19.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Lamont CDP has an area of 2.4 square miles (6.1 km2), all of it recorded as land. The Aucilla River, which runs along the eastern edge of the community, is a direct tributary of the Gulf of Mexico 25 miles (40 km) to the south.
Ted Turner's 29,000-acre (120 km2) Avalon Plantation is located in Lamont.
Jefferson County Schools operates public schools, including Jefferson County Middle / High School.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- ^ "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 31, 2021.
- ^ a b U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lamont, Florida
- ^ "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Lamont CDP, Florida". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.