|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Lamont (also La Monts Mill) is an unincorporated community in northeastern Greenwood County, Kansas, United States. It lies along K-58 northeast of the city of Eureka, the county seat of Greenwood County. Its elevation is 1,125 feet (343 m), and it is located at (38.1125234, -96.0266589). Although Lamont is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 66855. The post office at Lamont was established in February 1888.
Lamont was laid out in about 1889.
Lamont High School was closed through school unification. The Lamont High School mascot was Cardinals.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 41.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1978-10-13. Accessed 2008-04-28.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961 (archive)". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Kansas State Historical Society (1916). Biennial Report of the Board of Directors of the Kansas State Historical Society. Kansas State Printing Plant. p. 199.
- "Madison-Virgil USD 386". USD 386. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "Lamont High School". classmates.com. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
|This article about a location in Greenwood County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|