|City and Commune|
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|• Alcalde||Graciela Ortúzar Novoa (RN)|
|• Total||451.9 km2 (174.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||496 m (1,627 ft)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||89/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Lampa|
Lampa is a Chilean commune and city in the Chacabuco province, Santiago Metropolitan Region. Lampa is situated near the Chicauma mountain range, part of which was added to the La Campana National Park.
Lampa appears in the official census records as early at 1788. According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Lampa spans an area of 451.9 km2 (174 sq mi) and has 40,228 inhabitants (20,571 men and 19,657 women). Of these, 28,229 (70.2%) lived in urban areas and 11,999 (29.8%) in rural areas. The population grew by 60.7% (15,195 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
As a commune, Lampa is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 alcalde is Graciela Ortúzar Novoa (RN). The communal council has the following members:
- Juan Amigo Astudillo (IND)
- Rodrigo Plaza Muñoz (PDC)
- Carmen Gloria Ruminot Jorquera (UDI)
- Felipe González Pino (IND)
- Marcos Álvarez Tobar (PPD)
- Marcelo Jaque Peña (PRI)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Lampa is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Mr. Patricio Melero (UDI) and Mr. Gabriel Silber (PDC) as part of the 16th electoral district, (together with Colina, Tiltil, Quilicura and Pudahuel). The commune is represented in the Senate by Guido Girardi Lavín (PPD) and Jovino Novoa Vásquez (UDI) as part of the 7th senatorial constituency (Santiago-West).
- C. Michael Hogan. 2008. Chilean Wine Palm: Jubaea chilensis, GlobalTwitcher.com, ed. N. Stromberg
- Lyman De Platt. 1998. Census Records for Latin America and the Hispanic United States, Genealogical Publishing Com, ISBN 0-8063-1555-5, ISBN 978-0-8063-1555-3, 198 pages
- "Municipality of Lampa" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- C. Michael Hogan. 2008
- Lyman De Platt. 1998
- "Gobierno de Chile: Intendentes" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 December 2010.