Lampeter-Strasburg High School
1600 Book Rd
|School type||Public, secondary|
|School district||Lampeter-Strasburg School District|
|Superintendent||Dr. Kevin Peart|
|Enrollment||1,014 (2015-16) |
|Color(s)||Blue and white|
Lampeter-Strasburg sponsors boys' and girls' soccer, boys' and girls' tennis, girls' volleyball, football, golf, boys' and girls' basketball, wrestling, bowling, baseball, softball, swimming, boys' and girls' track and field, boys' and girls' cross country, field hockey, and boys' and girls' lacrosse.
The L-S girls' basketball team made it to the 2009 state finals, where they were defeated by a tough Archbishop Carroll team that had four Division 1 recruits. In 2013, the girls' basketball team won the Lancaster Lebanon League Section 3 title and made it to the Lancaster Lebanon League title game, but fell to Lancaster Catholic High School, the previous year's state finals runner-up.
The girls' basketball program has produced a hefty list of high scorers that have reached the 1,000 career point milestone:
- Sara Burcin (1996) - 1,598
- Lisa Boyer (2009) - 1,448
- Lexie Lantz (2013) - 1,300.
- Kelsey Souders (2011) - 1,140
- Meredith Chura (2006) - 1,078
- Kelly Zander (1999) - 1,040
- Haley Pelton (2003) - 1,039
- Danielle Rittenhouse (2009) - 1,025
- Mary Howell (1984)
- Amy Kopf (1990)
Lampeter Strasburg is ranked fourth in the Lancaster Lebanon League for number of girls' basketball players to surpass the 1,000 point milestone.
The 1994 and 2005 baseball teams won state titles. In 2011, the football team made a long postseason run, losing to Bishop McDevitt in the District finals. The football team were 2007 district 3 AAA champions, but lost in the state semifinals.
In 1998 and 1999, the L-S marching band won the US Cavalcade of Bands (CBA) Yankee class Open division.
In 2010, the marching band won the US Scholastic Band Association (USSBA) Pennsylvania State Band Championship Competition at Hershey Park Stadium with their show "Arabian Nights".
In 2012, the Pioneer Marching Band received second place out of four bands, winning high auxiliary, high percussion, high visual effect, and high overall effect at the US Bands Championship in West Chester. A week later, they won sixth place out of 15 at the Cavalcade State Championships at Hersheypark Stadium in Hershey.
As of the 2014 season, the L-S marching band no longer competes. They are now part of the Lancaster County Marching Band Coalition.
Indoor Color Guard
In 2012 the L-S Indoor Color Guard competed in:
- WGI (World Guard International) - Scholastic A Guard
- TIA (Tournament of Bands Indoor Association) - Scholastic A Guard
- CIDA (Cavalcade Indoor Drill Association) - Scholastic A Guard
- USBANDS - AAA Class
- Jeff Bianchi (2005), reitred professional baseball player
- James Wolpert (2009), singer, best known for his appearance on Season 5 of the NBC singing competition The Voice
- Matt Feiler (2010), professional football player currently with the Pittsburgh Steelers
- "District Administration". Lampeter-Strasburg School District. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Lampeter-Strasburg SHS". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 27, 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-04-09. Retrieved 2010-03-31.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Cavalcade of Bands