|Municipality of Lamut|
Map of Ifugao with Lamut highlighted
|Region||Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)|
|Barangays||18 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Mariano B. Buyagawan Jr.|
|• Electorate||15,570 voters (2016)|
|• Total||159.65 km2 (61.64 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||160/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)74|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
Lamut has the following schools: Lamut Central School, San Francisco High School, and Ifugao State University (formerly Ifugao State College of Agriculture and Forestry or ISCAF).
- Poblacion East (Lamut)
- Poblacion West (Lamut)
- Pugol (Ifugao Reservation)
In 1959, the barrios of Lamut, Mabatobato, Lawig, Panopdopan, Magulon, Peiza, Payawan, Nayon, Halog, Pulaan, Dilan, Pangka, Hapid, Bulao, Allupapan, Pugol and Salamagui of the municipal district of Kiangan were separated from the said municipal district and constituted into the municipal district of Lamut. It was then composed of 4 barangays, namely: Mabatobato, Payawan, Nayon and Panopdopan.
The first appointed municipal mayor was Guinid Tuguinay who was later replaced by Alberto Puguon through a formal election held in November 1967, to December 1963. From January 1964 to December 1967, the municipal mayor was Alberto Bunoan, Sr. He was succeeded by Angelito Guinid from January 1968 to November 24, 1976 who was in turn succeeded by Gregorio Kitong who was appointed as municipal mayor. Kitong served until January 1986. When Corazon C. Aquino became the president, she appointed lady lawyer Lynda Bongyo-Chaguile as the O.I.C. mayor of Lamut and continued to serve until 1998. Lynda Chaguile was the first woman to serve and be elected as mayor in the municipality of Lamut and in the province.
|Population census of Lamut|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Lamut, Ifugao, was 25,279 people, with a density of 160 inhabitants per square kilometre or 410 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Ifugao". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "R.A. No. 2111, An Act Creating the Municipal District of Lamut in the Mountain Province". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-13.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903 – 2007). "Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Ifugao". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lamut, Ifugao.|