As resistance statement
Michelle Malkin has taken up this slogan as a response to the WTC terrorist attacks. T-shirts with lan astaslem have been produced, with all proceeds going to the Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund.
Aslim Taslam (Arabic: أسلم تسلم) ("submit to Islam") is a phrase that was taken from the letters sent by the Prophet Muhammed to the chiefs of tribes in his times in which he reportedly urged them to convert to Islam to spare their lives.
On September 17, 2006, in response to the Pope Benedict XVI Islam controversy, Imad Hamto, a Palestinian religious leader, said: “We want to use the words of the Prophet Muhammad and tell the pope: ‘Aslim Taslam'. This was interpreted as a warning.
- Fallaci, Oriana The Rage and The Pride (La Rabbia e l'Orgoglio, 2001) ISBN 0-8478-2504-3.
- "Oriana Fallaci, R.I.P., and the Religion of Perpetual Outrage". Townhall.com. Retrieved October 14, 2006. by Michelle Malkin September 15, 2006
- "9/11 pledge: "I will not submit". Townhall.com. Retrieved October 14, 2006. by Michelle Malkin September 11, 2006
- Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund for victims of 9/11
- "Gazans warn pope to accept Islam". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved October 14, 2006.by Khaled Abu Toameh September 18, 2006
- "Submit or Die: Protesters are laying down the law". National Review. Retrieved October 14, 2006. by Clifford D. May September 25, 2006