This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||East London, South Africa|
|Residence||Palm Beach, Florida|
|Known for||Founder of Lana Marks|
Lana Marks is a South African-born American fashion designer who founded the eponymous fashion brand, Lana Marks.
She was born in East London, South Africa but now resides in Palm Beach, Florida. Her father was a property developer. She attended Clarendon High School in East London and was known for being a high achiever academically. She was a keen tennis player, representing the United States.
She is the CEO and designer of Lana Marks, a fashion accessories brand that specializes in exotic leathers, and is a member of CFDA. She is married to psychiatrist Dr. Neville Marks.
Lana Marks has been a commentator on awards shows including VH1’s The Fabulous Life Presents: Red Carpet Excess.
Her brand specializes in exotic leather accessories that are available in 150 styles in 100 colors. and are known for creating some of the world’s most expensive handbags. Lana Marks is based out of Palm Beach, Florida.
Lana Marks first got the idea to start a handbag collection when she couldn’t find a handbag to match a red suit she was wearing to a birthday celebration for Queen Elizabeth II. Marks then decided to start a line of exotic leather accessories in bright colors.
Lana Marks is known for designing handbags often seen on the Academy Awards Red Carpet, worn by celebrities such as Charlize Theron, Kate Winslet, Jennifer Aniston, Helen Mirren, Julie Christie, and Angelina Jolie. Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu, Julianne Moore, Reese Witherspoon, Alexandria Everett from America's Next Top Model and Paris Hilton have also been seen wearing Lana Marks handbags.
The Lana Marks Cleopatra Clutch, decorated with diamonds and inspired by Elizabeth Taylor, is a handbag of choice for the Academy Awards. When she won an Academy Award in 2007, Helen Mirren carried her handbag, a Lana Marks Cleopatra Clutch, to the stage to accept her Oscar.
- Lana Marks New York– 645 Madison Avenue
- Lana Marks Palm Beach– 238 Worth Avenue
- Lana Marks Beverly Hills– 465 North Rodeo Drive
- "VH1 Original TV Shows, Reality TV Shows - VH1". VH1. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- Puri, Madhu (3 December 2006). "Now Gifting - Bespoke Bags". Retrieved 4 April 2018 – via NYTimes.com.
- Prabhakar, Hitha. "World's Most Extravagant Handbags". forbes.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "Feb. 24 2008". reuters.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "The Australian, Jan. 02 2008". news.com.au. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "Time, February 2 1998". time.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.