Intersection of Highway 141 and Maple Street in Lancaster
|Elevation||531 ft (162 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1290568|
Lancaster is an unincorporated community in Smith County, Tennessee, United States, located 5.3 miles (8.5 km) southeast of Gordonsville. Lancaster had a post office with ZIP code 38569, which closed on March 4, 2011, due to the United States Postal Service closing smaller post offices around the country.
As of 2010, the population of Lancaster's zip code tabulation area was 363. The community is situated along State Highway 141 between Gordonsville and Center Hill Lake, and is drained by Smith Fork, a tributary of the Caney Fork. The community is named for John Lancaster, Jr., an early settler who arrived in the area in the late 18th century (his family still owns a farm in the area, which has been designated a Tennessee Century Farm).
- Temperance Hall, Tennessee - a community of similar size located just to the southwest in DeKalb County
- United States Census Bureau, Statistics for 38569 Zip Code Tabulation Area Archived 2014-12-10 at the Wayback Machine., American FactFinder. Retrieved: 22 September 2013.
- "Lancaster". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Post Offices Closed in 2011. Save the Post Office. Retrieved: 22 September 2013.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- Lancaster Farm, Tennessee Century Farms. Retrieved: 22 September 2013.
|This Smith County, Tennessee geography–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|