Lancaster Regional Airport
|Lancaster Regional Airport|
|Owner||City of Lancaster|
|Elevation AMSL||501 ft / 153 m|
Lancaster Regional Airport (ICAO: KLNC, FAA LID: LNC) is a city owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) south of the central business district of Lancaster, a city in Dallas County, Texas, United States. Formerly known as Lancaster Airport, it is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned LNC by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned LNC to Lengbati Airport in Lengbati, Papua New Guinea).
Facilities and aircraft
Lancaster Regional Airport covers an area of 548 acres (222 ha) at an elevation of 501 feet (153 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 13/31 with an asphalt surface measuring 6,502 by 100 feet (1,982 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 3, 2010, the airport had 67,100 aircraft operations, an average of 183 per day: 99.9% general aviation and 0.1% military. At that time there were 142 aircraft based at this airport: 70% single-engine, 15% multi-engine, 8% jet, 6% helicopter, and 1% glider.
- FAA Airport Master Record for LNC ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Lancaster Regional (LNC)" (PDF). Airport Directory. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved May 31, 2013. External link in
- "Lancaster Regional Airport". City of Lancaster. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- "Lancaster Regional Airport". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- "KLNC - Lancaster Airport - FAA information effective April 8, 2010". FAA data republished by AirNav. Archived from the original on May 3, 2010.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012. External link in
- "Lancaster Regional Airport, Lancaster, Texas (ICAO: KLNC, FAA: LNC)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- "Lengbati Airport, Papua New Guinea (IATA: LNC)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- Lancaster Regional Airport at City of Lancaster website
- "Lancaster Regional (LNC)" (PDF). at Texas DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of March 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LNC, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: