Lancaster Township, Wells County, Indiana
Location in Wells County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||47.98 sq mi (124.3 km2)|
|• Land||47.59 sq mi (123.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.39 sq mi (1.0 km2) 0.81%|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||119.9/sq mi (46.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||46714, 46731, 46733, 46777, 46791|
|GNIS feature ID||453540|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 47.98 square miles (124.3 km2), of which 47.59 square miles (123.3 km2) (or 99.19%) is land and 0.39 square miles (1.0 km2) (or 0.81%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Bluffton (the county seat) (north half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jefferson Township (north)
- Preble Township, Adams County (northeast)
- Kirkland Township, Adams County (east)
- Harrison Township (south)
- Liberty Township (southwest)
- Rockcreek Township (west)
- Union Township (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Fair View, Murray, Oakland, and Old Bluffton.
Airports and landing strips
- The Lazy K Airport
The "K" stands for Kunkel. Arden G. Kunkel established the grass strip airport in 1963. It is most recently owned and operated by Terry and Annie Hoffmeier. Annie is the youngest daughter of the late Arden G. Kunkel. It is a private airport and is restricted to hours of operation and plane usage. As of May/2013, The Lazy "K" Airport closed the airport/runways down after 50 years of operation.
- Northern Wells Community Schools
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State House District 82
- State Senate District 19
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.