Lancer (TV series)
Andrew Duggan and Elizabeth Baur, 1968
|Created by||Samuel A. Peeples|
|Directed by||Robert Butler|
|Theme music composer||Jerome Moross|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||51|
|Producer(s)||Sam Wanamaker (pilot episode)
Alan A. Armer
|Running time||48 mins.|
|Production company(s)||20th Century Fox Television|
|Original release||September 24, 1968– June 23, 1970|
Lancer is an American western series that aired Tuesdays at 7:30 pm (EST) on CBS from September 24, 1968, to June 23, 1970. The series stars Andrew Duggan, James Stacy, and Wayne Maunder as a father with two half-brother sons, an arrangement similar to the more successful Bonanza on NBC.
Duggan stars as the less than admirable Murdoch Lancer, the patriarch of the Lancer family. Stacy appears as half-Mexican gunslinger Johnny Madrid Lancer. Wayne Maunder was cast as Scott Lancer, the educated older son (though he is younger than Stacy) and a veteran of the Union Army, in contrast to Stacy's role of former gunslinger. Paul Brinegar also appeared as Jelly Hoskins, a series regular from season two after making a one off guest appearance during the first season. Elizabeth Baur (who later replaced Babara Anderson in Ironside from season five to eight) also was a series regular cast member as Murdoch Lancer's ward Teresa O'Brien.
Guest stars included Joe Don Baker, Scott Brady, Ellen Corby, Jack Elam, Sam Elliott, Bruce Dern, Kevin Hagen, Ron Howard, Wright King, Cloris Leachman, George Macready, Warren Oates, Stefanie Powers, Tom Selleck, and William Tannen.
- James Stacy as Johnny Madrid Lancer
- Andrew Duggan as Murdoch Lancer
- Wayne Maunder as Scott Lancer
- Paul Brinegar as Jelly Hoskins
- Elizabeth Baur as Teresa O'Brien
- McNeil, Alex (1996). Total Television. Penguin Books USA, Inc. ISBN 0-14-02-4916-8. Pp. 461-462.
- Brooks, Tim & Marsh, Earle (1979). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows: 1946-Present. Ballantine Books. ISBN 0-345-25525-9. P. 335.
- "Biography of Wayne Maunder". Geocities.com. Archived from the original on 2009-10-22. Retrieved January 10, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lancer (TV series).|