Lancope, Inc. is an American company founded in Alpharetta, Georgia in 2000. It specializes in flow analysis for security and network performance monitoring. Its best-known product series is StealthWatch, which collects and analyzes NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow and other types of data to provide network visibility and detect problems which might impact security or performance. StealthWatch provides a visual representation of the network to detect anomalies that could signify an attack. In the event of an infection, StealthWatch analyzes traffic between servers to determine which hosts were affected. In one second, StealthWatch shows you everyone infected by a particular piece of malware and which was the first device hit. The company was founded by Georgia Institute of Technology professor Dr. John Copeland. According to the CFO, David Cocchiara, the company became profitable in 2008. As of 2010, Lancope was run by President and CEO Mike Potts, who previously served as president and CEO of AirDefense. Cisco acquired Lancope for $452.5 million in 2015.
- Couret, Jacques (May 29, 2013). "Lancope names Ulam general counsel". Atlanta Business Chronicle. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- Dubie, Denise (June 6, 2006). "Lancope adds net optimization to security appliance". Network World. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- Dubie, Denise (April 25, 2005). "Lancope boosts traffic-inspection capabilities". Network World. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- Grimes, Roger (November 18, 2014). "Detect network anomalies with StealthWatch" (PDF). InfoWorld. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- "10 Questions for Lancope CFO and COO David Cocchiara". PC World. June 4, 2012. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- "Cisco To Acquire Cybersecurity Firm Lancope For $452 Million In Cash". Forbes. 2015. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- Official website
- Lancope on CNBC's Closing Bell | CNBC Closing Bell.
- Detect network anomalies with StealthWatch | InfoWorld.
- HP improves its network security with an HP Vertica and Lancope solution | HP.
- Using Lancope StealthWatch for Information Security Monitoring | Cisco.
- Monitoring the Modern Campus Network in 2011 to Reduce Performance Issues and Security Risks | Info Security Products Guide.
- AirTran: Virtualization requires network visibility | Network World.
- Q&A: TK Keanini, CTO Lancope | Infosecurity Magazine.
- Lancope’s StealthWatch Turns Enterprise Networks into Secure Sensor Grid | SYS-CON Media.
- Council Rock School District swiftly detects and remediates internal and external threats with Lancope® and Ziften | Lancope case study.