||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
|"Land of the Great Horses"
||R. A. Lafferty
"Land of the Great Horses" is a short story by R. A. Lafferty from Harlan Ellison's science fiction anthology Dangerous Visions. The story takes a broad view of the earth after extraterrestrials (the Outer Visitors) return the native land of the Romany (the Land of the Great Horses), on which they had been experimenting. Roma everywhere leave their work to return to it.
They then scoop up the city of Los Angeles, whose residents become the new wanderers, Angelenos. When asked what happened, they commonly reply, "They came and took our Dizz away from us."
- Dangerous Visions, ed. Harlan Ellison, Garden City, NY: Doubleday 1967 pp427–437
- Nine hundred grandmothers (1970) R. A. Lafferty
- So frustrieren wir Karl den Grossen: erzählungen, Heyne BSF, v89 ISBN 3-453-06243-4
- Dutch - Het Land van de Grote Paarden (1971)
- Finnish - Suurten hevosten maa - Portti (4/1982)
- French - La terre des grands chevaux (1975)
- German - Heimkehr der Heimatlosen (1970)
- German - Land der grossen Pferde (1974)
- German - Das Land der großen Pferde (1997)
- Italian - Terra Dei Grandi Cavalli (1980)
- Polish - Kraina wielkich koni - Foreign Literature monthly (1/1976)