Landhoo (Noonu Atoll)
|Geographic atoll||Miladhummadulhu Atoll|
|Administrative atoll||Southern Miladhunmadulu|
|Distance to Malé||188.45 km (117.10 mi)|
|• Length||1.245 km (0.774 mi)|
|• Width||1.040 km (0.646 mi)|
|• Total||665 (including foreigners)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:00 (MST)|
This island has large ruins from the historical Maldivian Buddhist era. On the northwest side of the island there is an ancient mound known as "Maabadhige Haitha" by the local people. This is the ruins of a Buddhist Stupa. The diameter of the mound is 292 feet and the height is 28 feet.
The remains in this island are probably the single most important Buddhist ruins in the Northern region of the Maldives.
|2006-2014: Census populations|
- "Table PP5: Resident Population by sex, nationality and locality (administrative islands), 2014" (PDF). Population and Households Census 2014. National Bureau of Statistics. p. 33. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Coordinate Distance Calculator". Boulter.com. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Table 3.3: Total Maldivian Population by Islands" (PDF). National Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- Divehi Tārīkhah Au Alikameh. Divehi Bahāi Tārikhah Khidmaiykurā Qaumī Markazu. Reprint 1958 edn. Malé 1990.
- Divehiraajjege Jōgrafīge Vanavaru. Muhammadu Ibrahim Lutfee. G.Sōsanī.
- Romero-Frias, Xavier (1999). The Maldive Islanders, A Study of the Popular Culture of an Ancient Ocean Kingdom. Barcelona. ISBN 9788472548015. OCLC 55148127.
|This Maldives location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|