|Industry||Private Equity and Real Estate|
|Headquarters||Simsbury, Connecticut, United States|
|Products||Private equity secondaries and Real Estate|
|Total assets||$15.5 billion (as of 12/31/15)|
Number of employees
Landmark Partners, an SEC Registered Advisor, is one of the most experienced participants in the private equity secondary market for private equity (also known as secondaries) and real estate investments. Founded in 1989, the firm is a leading source of liquidity to owners of interests in venture, mezzanine, buyout, and real estate limited partnerships. Landmark Partners has four offices located in Boston, New York, Simsbury, and London.
Landmark Partners has formed private equity and real estate funds with approximately $15.5 billion of committed capital invested with over 700 sponsors in over 1,800 partnership interests (as of 12/31/15).
In 2015, Landmark Partners closed, Landmark Real Estate Fund VII (LREF VII), with capital commitments of $1.6 billion
In 2014, Landmark Partners closed, Landmark Equity Partners XV (LEP XV), with capital commitments of $3.3 billion
Landmark's largest competitors in the private equity secondary market include market leading dedicated secondary firms (Coller Capital and Lexington Partners), large fund of funds (HarbourVest Partners, AlpInvest Partners), certain investment banks (Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse as well as mid-sized secondary firms (Pomona Capital, Newbury Partners, Paul Capital) focusing on more traditional purchases of private equity fund interests.
- "Landmark Real Estate Fund VII closes at $1.6 bln - PE HUB". PE HUB. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- Comtois, James. "Landmark Partners closes 15th fund at $3.25 billion". Pensions & Investments. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "Board of Trustees". Connecticut Public Broadcasting. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- Official Website
- Institutional investor profile, Landmark Partners Europe (AltAssets)
- Landmark Partners Sponsor Overview (Institutional Real Estate, Inc.)
- The Private Equity Analyst Guide to the Secondary Market (2004 Edition)—DowJones Private Equity Analyst
- "Landmark may raise up to $1b for next fund.(Landmark Partners Inc. raising Landmark Equity Partners XIII)". Private Equity Week. December 12, 2005. Retrieved 2008-04-27.