Landon Curt Noll
|Landon Curt Noll|
October 28, 1960|
Walnut Creek, California, United States
|Alma mater||California State University, East Bay and Linfield College|
International Obfuscated C Code Contest |
Fowler Noll Vo hash
Names of large numbers
|Awards||USENIX Lifetime Achievement Award (contributor - 1993)|
|Fields||Mathematics and Cryptography and Astronomy|
|Institutions||Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and Fremont Peak Observatory|
Held or co-held 8 World records relating to large prime numbers. Common username: chongo
Landon Curt Noll (born October 28, 1960) is an American computer scientist, co-discoverer of the 25th Mersenne prime and discoverer of the 26th, which he found while still enrolled at Hayward High School and concurrently at California State University, Hayward.
Noll was born in Walnut Creek, California, United States. At age 18, he became the youngest person to break the record for the largest known prime. He has held or co-held the record three times. He is also the co-inventor (with John Horton Conway) of a system for naming arbitrarily large powers of 10. He also helped start the International Obfuscated C Code Contest, and is a co-inventor of the Fowler Noll Vo hash function.
- Paul Noll's article on the birth of his son, Landon
- Naming Large Numbers
- Noll C, Nickel L: The 25th and 26th Mersenne Primes, Mathematics of Computation 35: 1387-1390
- The Prime Pages bio for Landon Curt Noll
- Records by Electronic Computer
- How high can you count?
- The English name of a number
- Frequently Asked Questions about the International Obfuscated C Code Contest
- Fowler/Noll/Vo (FNV) hash history
- The Prime Pages bio for the Amdahl Six
- Generalized Fermat Prime Search
- Yves Gallot's GFN Search Project
- American Astronomical Society for Landon Curt Noll
- Landon Curt Noll's Astronomy pages.
- Transit of Venus 8 June 2004
- Reference to "The search for Vulcanoid asteroids, Sky and Telescope, Jan 2006, Pages 87-89
- "Minutes, Sunnyvale City Council, 19 November 1996". Archived from the original on 23 February 2010.