Lane P. Hughston
|Lane P. Hughston|
24 December 1951|
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Alma mater||Magdalen College, Oxford|
Goldsmiths, University of London|
Brunel University London
Imperial College London
King's College London
Lincoln College, Oxford
|Doctoral advisor||Roger Penrose|
Born in Corpus Christi, Texas, and raised in Dallas, Texas, Lane Palmer Hughston is the son of Edward Wallace Hughston and Joan Lorraine Palmer Hughston. He was awarded a doctoral degree in mathematics by the University of Oxford where he was a Rhodes Scholar and a student of Professor Roger Penrose. Following the completion of his doctorate he held a Junior Research Fellowship at Wolfson College, Oxford, and then was Fellow and Tutor in Applied Mathematics at Lincoln College, Oxford. He has worked as a financial engineer and risk manager at Merrill Lynch, London, as Professor of Financial Mathematics at King's College London, as Professor of Mathematical Finance at Imperial College London, and as Professor of Mathematics at Brunel University and at Goldsmiths, University of London. He has carried out work in general relativity, cosmology, twistor theory, quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, and various areas of mathematical finance, including interest rate theory and information-based asset pricing. Lane P. Hughston is Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance. He is a member of the London Mathematical Society, the European Mathematical Society, the American Finance Association, the American Physical Society, and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM). He is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, and is a lifetime member of the American Mathematical Society, the Bachelier Finance Society, and the International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation. He has held visiting professorships at the University of Texas at Austin, King's College London, the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, and University College London.
- Twistors and Particles (1979) Springer-Verlag.
- Advances in Twistor Theory (ed., with R. S. Ward, 1979) Pitman.
- An Introduction to General Relativity (with K. P. Tod, 1990) Cambridge University Press.
- Vasicek and Beyond: Approaches to Building and Applying Interest Rate Models (ed., 1996) Risk Publications.
- The New Interest Rate Models (ed., 2000) Risk Publications.
- Dam rain and cumulative gain (with D. C. Brody and A. Macrina, 2008) Proc. Roy. Soc. A, 2008, Vol: 464, Pages: 1801–1822.
- Information-based asset pricing (with D. C. Brody and A. Macrina, 2008) International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance, 2008, Vol: 11, Pages: 107–142, ISSN 0219-0249.
- Finance at Fields (ed., with M. Grasselli, 2013) World Scientific Publishing Company.
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|