|• Mayor||Daniel Salemi|
|• Total||75.00 km2 (28.96 sq mi)|
|Elevation||458 m (1,503 ft)|
|• Density||200/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Langenau is twinned with:
- Albeck in Carinthia (Austria),
- Brand-Erbisdorf in Sachsen (Germany),
- Bridgend in Wales (Great Britain) and
- Somberek (Hungary).
The Protestant Martinskirche with Baroque altar comes from the 14th century to 18 century.
The also Protestant St. Leonhardskirche, dates back to the 17/18th century. Century.
At Langenau town Wörth is a park with a water wheel, a lake and a playground.
Every year on the last weekend before the summer holidays, the traditional children's festival is held with a parade of schools.
- The acting Bavarian war minister Albrecht Besserer von Thalfingen (1787–1839) was born in Langenau.
- Robert Bosch (1861-1942), founder of the Robert Bosch GmbH
- Gottlob Honold (1876–1923), engineer and inventor
- Hansjörg Schlager (1948–2004), sportsman (ski)
- Thure Riefenstein (born 1965), actor and director
- There were plans for a federal highway Bundesautobahn 86 with an exit for Langenau until the 1970s.
- The German Armed Forces Military History Research Office was situated there from 1957 to 1958.
- There is a village in Poland Langowo (German: Langenau), that belongs to Baborów
- "Gemeinden in Deutschland nach Fläche, Bevölkerung und Postleitzahl am 30.09.2016". Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 2016.
- (PDF ; 507 kB)
|This Alb-Donau-Kreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|