Langmaker.com was a website run by Jeffrey Henning that acted as a database of conlangs, neographies, and other resources related to conlanging and conworlding. As of June 4, 2009, the site was offline. An unknown source has taken over the website, and hosts virus files.
Langmaker began as Model Languages, a newsletter published by Henning between 1995 and 1996, in which he attempted to better publicize the hobby of conlanging and to explore various issues and questions related to conlanging. Shortly, Henning moved to a website format. He began not only discussing and commenting on conlangs but also cataloguing them in a comprehensive database, with overviews of the languages and links to their respective websites. Henning ultimately began adding neologisms; babel texts; neographies; books on languages, linguistics, and conlanging; and other general resources to his database. Langmaker has been viewed by many as an information and activity hub in the online conlanging world.
In April 2007, Langmaker was converted to wiki format, allowing its many readers to themselves make contributions to the website. Henning has since left the maintenance of the site primarily to its casual contributors and administrators, who continued to contribute up until January 4, 2008, when the site was locked.
Mark Rosenfelder writes, "Jeffrey Henning writes and posts regularly on the process of creating model languages and reviews a number of projects." As of November 11, 2015, the domain name has been bought.
- Dance, Amber (August 24, 2007). "In their own words – literally". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on January 3, 2013. Retrieved 2007-08-29. - paid version and PDF version
- Langmaker Back issues Archived June 29, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Langmaker Special:Recentchanges web page Archived August 6, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- The Language Construction Kit, Accessed October 30, 2007.
- Singh, Ishtla; C. Jones, Mari (2005). Exploring Language Change. London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-31775-4.
- Archive.org mirror of Homepage (18 June 2008)
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This constructed language-related article or section is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|