Language Learning (journal)
|Edited by||Nick C. Ellis|
|ISO 4||Lang. Learn.|
Language Learning: A Journal of Research in Language Studies is a peer-reviewed academic journal published quarterly by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the Language Learning Research Club at the University of Michigan. The editor-in-chief is Nick C. Ellis University of Michigan.
Language Learning covers research on "fundamental theoretical issues in language learning such as child, second, and foreign language acquisition, language education, bilingualism, literacy, language representation in mind and brain, culture, cognition, pragmatics, and intergroup relations". The journal has two annual supplements, the Best of Language Learning Series and the Language Learning Monograph Series. It is also published in association with a biennial monograph, the Language Learning-Max Planck Institute Cognitive Neurosciences Series.
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2011 impact factor of 1.218, ranking it 26th out of 161 journals in the category "Linguistics" and 42nd out of 203 journals in the category "Education & Educational Research".
- General Editor: Nick C. Ellis
- Journal Editor: Pavel Trofimovich
- Associate Journal Editor: Emma Marsden
- Associate Journal Editor: Kara Morgan-Short
- Associate Journal Editor: Scott Crossley
- Editor of Special Thematic Issues & Associate Journal Editor: Judit Kormos
- Currents in Language Learning Series Editor & Associate General Editor: Lourdes Ortega
- LL Cognitive Neuroscience Series Editor: Guillaume Thierry
- Executive Director: Scott Jarvis
- Associate Executive Director: Jeff Connor-Linton
- "Language Learning". Overview. doi:10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9922. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Linguistics". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Education & Educational Research". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.