Language of Love
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ur kärlekens språk|
|Directed by||Torgny Wickman|
|Produced by||Inge Ivarson|
|Screenplay by||Inge Hegeler|
|Music by||Mats Olsson|
|Edited by||Carl-Olov Skeppstedt|
|Budget||SEK 700,000 (estimated)|
|Box office||SEK 7,083,000 (Sweden) (sub-total)|
It gained publicity when 30,000 people gathered on Trafalgar Square in London to protest against a nearby movie theatre showing it, one of the protesters being pop singer Cliff Richard. Lord Longford and Raymond Blackburn decided to pursue a matter of pornography classification for the film Language of Love into the Court of Appeal and lost the writ of mandamus against the Police Commissioner, who had refused to intrude upon the British Board of Film Classification remit. United States customs were known to have confiscated copies of the film. Following such events, it was marketed as a sexploitation film of the "white coater" variety in some places[which?] — a pornographic film masquerading as a documentary or scientific film.
The film had two sequels, Mera ur kärlekens språk in 1970 and Kärlekens XYZ in 1971. In 1973 the three films were edited together into a new film, Det bästa ur Kärlekens språk-filmerna ("The Best from the Language of Love Films").
Mera ur kärlekens språk (More from the Language of Love) had equally successful box office though it dealt more with alternate sexuality and lifestyles and also with the disabled.
The film included split screen visions of couples having sex with Ravel's Bolero playing in the background.
- Inge Hegeler
- Sten Hegeler
- Maj-Briht Bergström-Walan
- Sture Cullhed
- Barbro Hiort af Ornäs
- Stig Johanson
- Göthe Grefbo
- Gösta Krantz
- Julie Bernby
- Börje Nyberg
- Lennart Lindberg
- Margaretha Henriksson
- Conny Ling
- Ekeroth, Daniel (2011). Swedish Sensationsfilms: A Clandestine History of Sex, Thrillers, and Kicker Cinema. Bazillion Points. ISBN 978-0-9796163-6-5.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "K" (part 2)
- "Raymond Blackburn". The Herald. 5 November 1991. Retrieved 1 September 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "(1975) 21 McGill L.J. 269: "Private Prosecutions in Canada: The Law and a Proposal for Change" (Burns)" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 May 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- Reported as  1 Q.B. 241 (C.A.)
- "Mera ur Kärlekens språk (1970)". Swedish Film Database (in Swedish). Retrieved 29 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kärlekens XYZ (1971)". Swedish Film Database (in Swedish). Retrieved 29 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Det bästa ur Kärlekens språk-filmerna (1973)". Swedish Film Database (in Swedish). Retrieved 29 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)