|Quarter of Berlin|
|• Total||6.99 km2 (2.70 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,800/km2 (15,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Postal codes||(nr. 0603) 12247, 12249|
The locality was first mentioned in 1239 with the name of Lankowice. Autonomous Prussian municipality of the former Teltow district, Lankwitz was incorporated into Berlin in 1920, with the "Greater Berlin Act".
Lankwitz is situated in the southern suburb of Berlin, close the borders with the Brandenburg. It borders with the localities of Steglitz, Lichterfelde, Mariendorf, Marienfelde (both in Tempelhof-Schöneberg district) and, in a short point represented by a bridge over the Teltowkanal, with Tempelhof. The Teltowkanal also remarks the boundary between Lankwitz and Steglitz.
The following organisations are based in Lankwitz:
- Berliner Synchron (post-production dubbing company)
- Mater Dolorosa (Berlin-Lankwitz) (Roman Catholic parish)
- Stiftung Mater Dolorosa Berlin-Lankwitz (Foundation)
The following buildings are located in Lankwitz:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lankwitz.|
- (German) Lankwitz official website
- (German) Lankwitz page on www.berlin.de
- View of the coat of arms of Lankwitz