|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||1,807.04 km2 (697.70 sq mi)|
|• Density||180/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Located on the south margin of the province, it is adjacent to the northern border of Guangdong. Lanshan covers 1,806 km2 (697 sq mi), as of 2015, It had a registered population of 400,200 and a permanent resident population of 339,100. The county has 8 towns and 6 ethnic townships of Yao people under its jurisdiction, the county seat and the largest town is Tafeng (塔峰镇).
Lanshan is a mountainous county located in the east of Jiuyi Mountains on the northern side of the middle Nanling Range. The county is bordered to the southwest by Jianghua County, to the northwest by Ningyuan County, to the northeast by Jiahe County, to the east by Linwu County, to the southeast by Lianzhou City of Guangdong. It covers 1,806 km2 (697 sq mi), the county is 67 square kilometres (26 sq mi) north to south with 55 square kilometres (21 sq mi) west to east.
Lanshan has a humid subtropical monsoon climate with with an annul average temperature of 17.8 ℃, annual rainfall of 1,660 mm. there are 69 rivers with drainage area of more than 10 square kilometers or length of more than 5 kilometers, most rivers belong to the Yangtze River system, less to the Pearl River system. The county is the source place of the Xiang River, originating from Yegou Mountain (野狗岭) in Zhulin Village (竹林村) of Xiangjiangyuan Town.
The G55 Expressway runs through the middle land north to south, the G76 Expressway passes through the north of the county west to east, they meet at Citangyu Town (祠堂圩镇) in the norh. the two national expressways and the other three Hunan Provincial Highway of S216, S322 and S324 form the main road network connecting the county.
- Google (2014-07-02). "Lanshan" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Yongzhou City Land Use Plan (2006–20)/《永州市土地利用总体规划（2006-2020年）》.(Chinese) Accessed 8 July 2014.
- "永州市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报". TJCN.org (in Chinese). China Statistical Information Network/中国统计信息网. Archived from the original on 17 September 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- the population of Lanshan County in 2015, according to the Statistical Communiqué of Lanshan County on the 2015 National Economic and Social Development - (2015年蓝山县国民经济和社会发展统计公报): yzcity.gov.cn or yztj.gov.cn
- the divisions of Lanshan County in 2015, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Lanshan County on November 18, 2015 - 《湖南省民政厅关于同意蓝山县乡镇区划调整方案的批复》(湘民行发〔2015〕26号): rednet.cn, also see 《湖南省乡镇区划调整改革109个县市区批复方案》: people.com or xinhuanet.com
- 地理位置: lsxw.gov.cn or lanshan.gov.cn
- 湘江源头在湖南蓝山, 湘江干流全长948公里, 流域面积94,721平方公里 - The source stream of the Xiang is in Lanshan, the main river of the Xiang has length of 948 kilometres (589 mi) with a drainage basin area of rough 94,721 square kilometres (36,572 sq mi): hn.xinhuanet.com or rednet.cn (21-May-13)
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|