Lansing Grand River Assembly
|Location||Lansing, Michigan, United States|
|Area||3,400,000 square feet (315,870 m2) on 111 acres (45 ha)|
|Address||920 Townsend Street, Lansing, Michigan 48921|
Lansing Grand River Assembly (LGR) is a General Motors owned and operated automobile assembly facility located in Lansing, Michigan, United States. Lansing Grand River Assembly produces vehicles built upon the GM Alpha platform including the Cadillac CT4, Cadillac CT4-V, Cadillac CT5, Cadillac CT5-V and Chevrolet Camaro.
The Lansing Grand River Assembly facility includes a body shop, paint shop, general assembly and central utilities complex.
The Lansing Grand River Assembly complex began construction in 1999 and began operations in 2001. It replaced the Lansing Car Assembly, Lansing Metal Center, and the Lansing Craft Center. On September 16, 2013, Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant had produced its 1 millionth Cadillac vehicle, a 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan with Red Obsession Tintcoat body color.
- GM's Lansing Plant Builds 1 Millionth Cadillac
- Lansing Grand River Builds Millionth Cadillac
- Floyd, Michael (2010-02-04). "Next-Gen Camaro, CTS to Join Small Cadillac ATS on New Rear-Drive Platform". Motor Trend. Source Interlink Media. WOT. OCLC 423854316. Archived from the original on 2013-08-04. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
Chevrolet’s next Camaro will switch to the global Alpha platform that General Motors is developing for Cadillac’s new BMW 3 Series fighter.
- Csere, Csaba (March 2012). "Dissected: 2013 Cadillac ATS". Car and Driver. Hearst Communications. OCLC 38224673. Archived from the original on 2012-11-21. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
Leone and his team started with a clean sheet of paper, creating a platform designed to be light and compact, with near 50/50 weight distribution as well as rear- and all-wheel drive.... The result is the new Alpha platform.
- Zenlea, David (2013-03-26). "2014 Cadillac CTS First Look". Automobile. Source Interlink Media. OCLC 44212172. Archived from the original on 2013-08-04. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
The 2014 CTS rides on a stretched version of the Alpha platform that underpins the ATS.
- "Lansing Grand River Assembly". GM News. General Motors Company. 2013-06-20. Archived from the original on 2013-08-05. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
General Motors' Lansing Grand River Assembly is located in Lansing, MI and is one of GM’s newest plants in North America. Constructed in 1999...