Lansing River Trail
|Lansing River Trail|
Lansing River Trail near Kalamazoo St. and Cedar St. intersection.
|Length||13 miles (21 km)|
|Location||Lansing / East Lansing, Michigan, USA|
|Use||Hiking, Running, Biking,
Red Cedar River
|Hazards||Flooding, Overhead clearance|
|Website||Lansing River Trail|
Lansing River Trail is a multiple use, non-motorized trail approximately 13 miles (21 km) long. It runs along the Grand River and the Red Cedar River between Michigan State University and Dietrich Park in northern Lansing.
The trail has a western extension that begins where it splits off at River Point park just south of downtown Lansing and ends in Moores Park. The River Trail South stretches along Sycamore Creek from Potter Park to Maguire Park in southeast Lansing. The stretch from Hawk Island County Park to Maguire Park was completed in 2008.
The River Trail is also home to a number of special events, including the Common Ground Music Festival, the Annual Mayor's Walk, Michigan Run, the Capital City River Run and a number of other city-sponsored activities.
River Trail in downtown Lansing with City Market in distance.
- "Lansing River Trail". Retrieved May 11, 2009.
- Davis, Scott (26 March 2014). "2 new trails will 'transform' south Lansing, Delhi Twp.". The Lansing State Journal. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Lansing River Trail dot Org's Current Map - Up to date, clear and concise map.
- Map of the trail - Map of the Lansing River Trail with information about scenic spots along the trail
- Heart of Michigan Trail - Lansing River Trail is a part of this bigger trail
|This Ingham County, Michigan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States trail or long-distance path–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|