From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up lantern in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A lantern is a portable lighting device used to illuminate broad areas.
Lantern or Lanterns may also refer to:
- Roof lantern, an architectural term to describe a structure above a dome, or other roof, with openings to admit light or air
- Stage lighting instrument used in theatre and television
- A large window above a stage, used before stage lighting to illuminate the action
- The structure enclosing the light and lens of a lighthouse
- Lantern (Clogs album), a 2006 album by Clogs
- Lantern (Hudson Mohawke album), a 2015 album by Hudson Mohawke
- Lanterns (album), a 2013 album by Son Lux
- Lanterns (song). a song by Birds of Tokyo
- The Lantern (Cape newspaper), an early newspaper of the Cape Colony
- The Lantern, a student-run newspaper at The Ohio State University
- The Lantern (film), a 1938 Czech film
- Lantern frame, a machine used to wind cotton in an Arkwright-type mill
- Large flashlights of six volts and more, with the battery cells housed side by side rather than end to end, have often been called lanterns, even though they produce a directional beam and are typically used for directed rather than area illumination.
- Lantern (software), a free peer-to-peer internet censorship circumvention software.
- Cage gear, also called a lantern gear or lantern pinion. A type of gear with cylindrical rods for teeth
- Chinese lantern (disambiguation)
- Green Lantern, a fictional DC Comics superhero
- Lanterns of the Dead, an architectural name for the small towers in stone found chiefly in the center and west of France
- The Lanterns, small Tasmanian islands, Australia
- The Lantern (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lantern.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.