Lanzhou Zhongchuan International Airport
Lanzhou Zhongchuan International Airport
|Operator||Gansu Airport Group|
|Location||Zhongchuan, Yongdeng County, Gansu|
|Elevation AMSL||1,947 m / 6,388 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Lanzhou Zhongchuan International Airport|
Lanzhou Zhongchuan International Airport (IATA: LHW, ICAO: ZLLL) is an airport serving Lanzhou, the capital of Gansu Province, China. It is located 67 kilometres (42 mi) north of downtown Lanzhou. It was opened in 1970 and serves as a major air hub for the province of Gansu and western China. There are eight gates served by aerobridges in the terminal. A new larger (61,000 m²) Terminal 2 is located to the South, adjacent to the existing terminal. The new terminal adds nine aerobridges.
Lanzhou's first airport, Gongxingdun Airport, was located just 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) from the city centre. By 1957, the Civil Aviation Administration of China decided that Gongxingun Airport's location was too restrictive for the aviation needs of Lanzhou and designated a new site near Zhongchuan town.
In 1968 construction was started on Lanzhou airport and on July 26, 1970, the maiden flight took place with the first aircraft landing of an Ilyushin Il-14. On June 15, 1997, an expansion project was officially started.
In 2006, the Gansu Airport Group and Hainan Airlines Group begin a strategic reorganization.[clarification needed]
In 2010, Lanzhou airport's passenger throughput exceeded 3 million people a year. and the second expansion project started. Lanzhou Airport Terminal 2 officially started construction in 2010, after preliminary design approval and with an investment budget of 1.488 billion yuan. In 2013, Lanzhou airport's passenger throughput exceeded 5 million passengers per annum, increasing the official Lanzhou airport ranking among the major airports within China. Terminal 2 opened in 2015 and later that year the Lanzhou–Zhongchuan Airport intercity railway between the airport and Lanzhou's urban area opened.
The third expansion phase started in 2019. At a cost of 31.69 billion Yuan, a new Terminal 3 will be built, two new 4000 meter long runways and facilities will be expanded. Terminal 3 will be four times larger than the current combined terminal floor area. The entirety of adjacent namesake Zhongchuan town and several villages, totaling 10.7 square kilometres (4.1 sq mi), were demolished to make way for the expansion, and residents were relocated to Lanzhou and Lanzhou New Area.
While nominally two terminals, they are connected airside by a lengthy walkway and operate as a single building. Airlines operating from one terminal may use gates at the other.
Shaped like the letter T, this terminal consisted of eight airbridges. The original terminal had a single airside level for arrivals and departures. Arrivals were segregated by a glass screen from departing passengers. Check-in was handled on the upper level, while the lower level housed the baggage hall.
With the opening of Terminal 2, this terminal's landside facilities have been shut down for refurbishment and parts of the terminal will be mothballed until future growth warrants the reopening of these facilities. Airside lounges, gates and shops remain in use.
Designed and shaped to resemble the wing of flying geese, at 61,000m2, this terminal greatly increased the operational space at Lanzhou Airport. It added an extra two piers to the existing terminal. It houses 30 extra check-in desks, 12 passenger gates, 9 airbridges and separate levels for arriving and departing passengers. The new terminal was opened for travellers in February 2015.
Airlines and destinations
|YTO Cargo Airlines||Lahore|
Ground transportation connections
The Lanzhou–Zhongchuan Airport intercity railway between the airport and the city started operation on 2015-09-30. It provides fast train services between the Zhongchuan Airport railway station and the new major transportation hub at Lanzhou West railway station then terminates at the older Lanzhou railway station.
- Shuttle bus
There are three Airport Express Shuttle Bus services available from the airport. All routes cost 30RMB.
- Line 1 runs to the Lanzhou Eastern Hotel, Tianshui Middle Road, opposite Lanzhou University western gate. The return service leaves from opposite the JJ Sun Hotel (next to CAAC Ticket Office), Donggang West Road. Travel time is about one hour, due to the distant nature of airport from the city centre. This is the closest service to Lanzhou Railway Station.
- Line 2 runs to Golden Lily Hotel, Xijin East Road, via Taohai Market, Anning West Road. This is the closest service to Lanzhou West Railway Station.
- Line 3 runs to Qingshuiqiao in western Lanzhou.
Taxi service is relatively expensive due to the long distance to the airport, about 150RMB. Many taxis will be reluctant to use their meter and demand a flat 200RMB fare to downtown Lanzhou despite being illegal to do so. Overall there is little time travel advantage over using the Airport Express bus.
- 从"晴通雨阻"到"一日千里" (in Chinese).
- "Archived copy" ·甘肃日报 数字报刊平台 (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2015-06-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- 兰州中川国际机场T2航站楼启用服务春运. chinanews.com (in Chinese).
- 图片 兰州中川机场二期扩建工程开工建设顺利举行_民航新闻_民航资源网 (in Chinese). Carnoc.
- 图片 助力陇原大地:兰州机场旅客吞吐量突破300万_民航新闻_民航资源网 (in Chinese). Carnoc.
- 图片 兰州中川机场二期扩建工程顺利竣工验收_民航新闻_民航资源网 (in Chinese). Carnoc.
- 兰州机场首破500万人次 跻身大型空港行列_民航新闻_民航资源网 (in Chinese). Carnoc.
- Li, Shixiong (李世雄); Ye, Zhangquan (冶张全) (2019-07-24). 兰州中川机场三期扩建工程项目前期工作全力推进 (in Chinese). Carnoc. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- 兰州中川国际机场三期扩建项目及周边环境整治工作全面展开. Lanzhou Post (in Chinese). Gansu TV. 2018-03-17. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- Ren, Lei (任磊) (2018-03-16). 兰州新区中川国际机场三期扩建土地征收及周边环境整治工作推进纪实 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- Wang, Xiao (王霄) (2018-05-14). 兰州新区机场三期扩建工程推进 中川镇1.6万亩拆迁住户何去何从. lzfcs.com (in Chinese). Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- 走进—兰州. WeChat (in Chinese).[dead link]
- 东航开通合肥—兰州—敦煌航线 (in Chinese). Carnoc.
- 东航冬春换季新增多条航班 (in Chinese). Carnoc.
- 东方航空夏秋换季时 更多航线伴您行. WeChat (in Chinese). China Eastern Dalian sales. 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- 甘肃开通往返普吉岛航班保"东南亚过年游"春运 - 新闻频道 (in Chinese).
- Xu, Han (许晗) (2019-03-20). 3月31日起东航新增兰州直飞珠海烟台航班. Lanzhou Evening Post (in Chinese). Gansu Daily. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- 乌市国际机场4月新开复航8条航线_乌鲁木齐 (in Chinese). Sohu.
- 自10月28日起 新增南阳——兰州航线_航班时刻 (in Chinese). Sohu.
- 临沂机场新增至柬埔寨、越南两条国际航线. bandao.cn (in Chinese). 2019-04-01. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- 兰州中川机场开通铜仁至兰州航线-财经频道-手机搜狐 (in Chinese). Sohu.
- 夏秋换季浙江长龙航空将新开12条航线-中国民航网. CAAC News (in Chinese). 2018-03-24.
- Han, Licheng (韩立城) (2019-03-22). 青岛航空夏秋航季航线发布 新增20余条航线 (in Chinese). Carnoc. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- Liu, Jim. "Qingdao Airlines adds Lanzhou – Da Lat service from Dec 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Qingdao Airlines plans new international routes in 4Q19". Routesonline. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Qingdao Airlines adds Lanzhou – SE Asian routes in July 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 4 July 2019.
- 瑞丽航空开通珠海直飞沈阳新航线，票价低至650元 (in Chinese).
- "Spring Airlines Adds New Bangkok Routes in S16". airlineroute. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- Song, Feifei (宋菲菲) (2019-04-01). 敦煌机场3条新航线通航 (in Chinese). Gansu Daily. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- 春秋航空：兰州飞烟台合肥泉州温州敦煌99元起|春秋航空|兰州|温州_新浪网 (in Chinese). 2019-04-24.
- 7月1日起6家航空公司在兰州新开加密多条航线 (in Chinese). Carnoc.
- 西藏航空即将开通兰州=杭州新航线 (in Chinese).
- YTO Cargo adds Lahore
- Haonan, Liu. "Seamless transfer to Zhongchuan airport". China.org.cn. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Media related to Lanzhou Zhongchuan International Airport at Wikimedia Commons