|Single by N*E*R*D featuring Vita and Lee Harvey|
|from the album In Search Of...|
|Released||May 21, 2001|
|N*E*R*D singles chronology|
It was ranked number 93 on VH1's "100 Greatest Songs of Hip Hop".
A remix of "Lapdance" by Trent Reznor appeared on the compilation album, Spin This. Although it is censored, an uncensored version of the remix is available on a rare promo single disc. A remix of "Lapdance" by Paul Oakenfold appeared on the soundtrack album, Swordfish.
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||56|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||20|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||85|
|US Hot Rap Songs (Billboard)||29|
Usage in other media
- The song has been featured in a number of films and trailers. In 2001, the song was included in the soundtrack of Kiss of the Dragon, starring Jet Li, Bridget Fonda and Tchéky Karyo.
- A brief snippet of the song was used in the Scrubs episode, "My Fifteen Minutes", when several ads meant to appeal to African-Americans to check their health at Sacred Heart Hospital were taken down due to Turk's opposition to them.
- "Lapdance" was featured in the 2002 video game, BMX XXX.
- In 2003, the song was featured in the pilot for The WB teen drama, One Tree Hill.
- "Lapdance" was featured in the 2003 video game, True Crime: Streets of LA.
- Remixed version of "Lapdance" was featured in the 2003 superhero film, Daredevil.
- In the 2009 video game, DJ Hero, "Lapdance" is mixed with two songs: "The Big Beat" by Billy Squier and "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock. The latter was mixed by Grandmaster Flash.
- The instrumental for the song was featured in the 2011 episode of Black Mirror, "Fifteen Million Merits", in an advertisement for the fictional pornographic show, Wraith Babes.
- In 2013, "Lapdance" was used in the trailer for the film, Identity Thief, starring Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman.
- In 2014, the song was used in the trailer for the film, Penguins of Madagascar
- In 2014, the song was used in the film Step Up: All In starring Ryan Guzman and Briana Evigan
- In 2015, the song was used in the trailer for the film, Daddy's Home as an entrance for Mark Wahlberg.
- Hill, Stephen (July 4, 2017). "The Top 40 nu-metal songs of all time". Metal Hammer. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – N.E.R.D. feat. Lee Harvey and Vita – Lapdance" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Swedishcharts.com – N.E.R.D. feat. Lee Harvey and Vita – Lapdance". Singles Top 100.
- "N*E*R*D: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company.
- "N.E.R.D. Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.
- "N.E.R.D. Chart History (Hot Rap Songs)". Billboard.
|This 2000s hip hop single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|