Lapinig, Northern Samar
|Municipality of Lapinig|
Map of Northern Samar with Lapinig highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Barangays||15 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Ma. Luisa A. Menzon|
|• Vice Mayor||Vivian Rongcales|
|• Electorate||7,817 voters (2016)|
|• Total||57.30 km2 (22.12 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||230/km2 (590/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)55|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
It is Northern Samar's boundary municipality with Eastern Samar on its coastal side in the Pacific. To the south, it is bounded by Arteche, to the west by Jipapad, to the northeast by the Pacific Ocean, and in the northwest by Gamay.
Lapinig is politically subdivided into 15 barangays.
- Can Maria
- Can Omanio
- Lapinig del Sur (Poblacion)
- Lapinig del Norte (Poblacion)
- Pio Del Pilar
- Potong Del Sur
|Population census of Lapinig|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Northern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Northern Samar". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|