From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pierre-Simon Laplace was a French mathematician and astronomer.
Laplace, LaPlace or La Place may also refer to:
- Laplace operator, a differential operator equal to the divergence of the gradient of a function
- Laplace's equation, an elliptic partial differential equation
- Laplace distribution, a probability distribution
- Laplacian matrix, matrix representation in graph theory
- Laplace transform, integral transform
- Charles Laplace (died 2008), West Indian murderer
- Cyrille Pierre Théodore Laplace (1793–1875), French navigator
- Pierre-Simon Laplace (1749–1827), French mathematician
- Victor Laplace (born 1943), Argentine actor
- La Place, Illinois, USA
- LaPlace, Louisiana, USA
- Laplace Island, Antarctica
- Promontorium Laplace, on the Moon
- 4628 Laplace, asteroid
- EJSM/Laplace, proposed European space mission
- Laplace-P, proposed Russian space mission
- La Place (band), French band
- LAPLACE (laboratory), French physics laboratory
- Laplace (Paris Metro), French Metro station
- Laplace pressure, pressure difference between the inside and the outside of a curved surface
- La Place (restaurant chain), a restaurant chain owned by Sun European
- French ship Laplace (A 793), a hydrographic survey ship of the French Navy.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Laplace.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.