From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||437629|
Lapland was platted by William Davis in 1887. The community was probably named after Lapland, in Scandinavia. A post office was established at Lapland in 1885, and remained in operation until 1899.
Lapland is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Lapland, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- History of Montgomery County, Indiana : with personal sketches of representative citizens. pg 504
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 192. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...apparently named for the northern European region...
- "Montgomery County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
|This Montgomery County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|