|Lara Worthington (née Bingle)|
Bingle in September 2012
|Born||22 June 1987|
Cronulla, New South Wales, Australia
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
Sam Worthington (m. 2014)
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Lara Worthington (née Bingle) (born 22 June 1987) is an Australian model who became widely known both within Australia and worldwide after starring in a global television ad for Australia’s Tourism council.
Lara was born 22 June 1987 to Graham and Sharon Bingle in Cronulla, New South Wales and attended St Vincent's College, a secondary school in Potts Point of New South Wales Province, before dropping out at 16 to move to Italy. Her father died in May 2008 from liver and pancreatic cancer.
Lara has been featured on the cover of Australian Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Grazia, Oyster and Cleo. Bingle has also appeared in episodes of Home and Away as well as The Celebrity Apprentice Australia and Australia's Next Top Model.
Bingle competed on the Nine Network's celebrity ice dancing show Torvill and Dean's Dancing on Ice, where she was the last woman to be eliminated, resulting in coming runner-up in the series, and in the channel's ad for the 2006-2007 Ashes series. Nine re-hired Bingle in 2008 as a reporter for a new travel show, Holidays for Sale.
Lara was announced as a contestant in the 2011 series of Dancing With The Stars. The series began airing in May. She was partnered with Carmelo Pizzino. Following her elimination from Dancing With The Stars on 26 June 2011, Bingle told The Kyle and Jackie O Show that she was shocked and upset at having been kicked off the show, given her competitive streak.
On 10 January 2007, Sydney tabloid The Daily Telegraph claimed that Bingle and Australian cricketer Michael Clarke were an item. On 25 March 2008 it was announced that the pair were engaged after Clarke proposed in New York. Clarke's public relations firm announced the ending of the engagement on 12 March 2010.
On 18 October 2013, it was confirmed that Bingle was in a relationship with fellow Australian and actor Sam Worthington. Bingle announced in 2014 that she was re-locating from Sydney to New York City. The couple married in 2014 and had a son in 2015. In 2016, Bingle and Worthington had their second child, another son.
|2006||Torvill and Dean's Dancing on Ice||Herself / Contestant||Sixth contestant eliminated|
|2008||Getaway||Herself / Guest reporter||One episode|
|2008||Holidays for Sale||Herself / Reporter|
|2011||Dancing With The Stars||Herself / Contestant||Seventh contestant eliminated|
|2011||The Celebrity Apprentice Australia||Herself / Special guest||Challenge 7|
|2011||Australia's Next Top Model||Herself / Special guest||Season 7; episode 11|
|2012||The Project||Herself / Guest||One episode|
|2012||Being Lara Bingle||Herself||10 episodes|
- Patty, Anna (8 June 2010). "Lara Bingle wants her slice of Michael Clarke's fortune". Perth Now. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- Allen, Rod (11 May 2008). "Bingle's father loses battle". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 11 May 2008.
- "Sam Worthington's manager Jessica Carrera takes on Lara Bingle after burning through seven minders". "The Daily Telegraph Australia".
- O'Neill, Marnie (13 April 2008). "Lara Bingle's new travel show". News.com.au. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Bowel Cancer Australia launches Love My Family Campaign featuring Lara Bingle" (PDF). Bowel Cancer Australia. 5 June 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- Rose, Danny (13 September 2009). "Bingle fronts bowel cancer campaign". Nine News. nineMSN. Archived from the original on 29 September 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "2011 Dancing with the Stars Cast Revealed!". Yahoo7 TV. Archived from the original on 12 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Lara Bingle Interview". The Kyle and Jackie O Show. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "News.com.au:Lara gets ready to launch the base". News.com.au. 19 November 2014.
- Michael Clarke and Lara Bingle reportedly engaged News.com.au
- "Bingle and Clarke's engagement ends". news.com.au. 12 March 2010.
- "Sam Worthington says he is smitten with new squeeze Lara Bingle". Herald Sun. 18 October 2013.
- Anya Leon (27 March 2015). "Sam Worthington and Lara Bingle Welcome Son Rocket Zot". People. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- Ellie McDonald (1 November 2016). "CONFIRMED! Lara and Sam Worthington have welcomed their second son". Woman's Day. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lara Bingle.|