Lara Imogen Leonora Cazalet
25 May 1973
Westminster, Greater London
Cazalet is the daughter of Sir Edward Cazalet, a retired High Court judge, and his wife, the Honourable Camilla Jane Gage, Lady Cazalet, daughter of Henry Gage, 6th Viscount Gage. Cazalet's paternal grandfather was Major Peter Cazalet, the well-known racehorse-trainer, and her step great-grandfather was the leading English writer, Sir P.G. Wodehouse.
She has two older brothers, David Benedict Cazalet and Henry Pelham Cazalet. Henry, known as Hal, is a composer and opera singer. In addition, Lara and Hal also sing together, professionally, in a jazz trio.
Cazalet's first major television role was that of Zandra Plackett in Bad Girls, a part she played for two years until the character died of a brain tumour. The episode where Zandra died was the highest ever rated episode of Bad Girls with 9,490,000 viewers. She later played the lead role of barrister Annie Quick in New Street Law. Cazalet has also made guest appearances in Hustle, Judge John Deed, Waking the Dead and Holby City. She has played four different characters in episodes of The Bill, including a corrupt NCS officer attempting to frame DI Manson for murder and corruption, and the wife of a toy shop manager who robs her husband's store.
Cazalet's film credits include EMR and Lady Godiva.
|1998||Kavanagh QC||Nurse||"Bearing Witness"|
|1998||The Bill||Sammy Adams||"Soft in the Head"|
|1999||The Bill||Mandy Sharpe||"Sweet Sixteen"|
|1999||The Alchemists||Flight Attendant||TV film|
|1999–2000||Bad Girls||Zandra Plackett||Main role (series 1–2)|
|2000||Harbour Lights||Nikki||"A Quiet Storm"|
|2001||Always and Everyone||Lisa||"3.1"|
|2002||Where the Heart Is||Hildegaard Gruber||"Hold My Hand"|
|2002||As Time Goes By||Dave||"What Now?"|
|2002||Holby City||Angela Farrell||"Sinners and Saints"|
|2003||Waking the Dead||Fiona Mackenzie||"Multistorey: Parts 1 & 2"|
|2003||Judge John Deed||Diana Hulsey||"Health Hazard", "Economic Imperative"|
|2004||Rosemary & Thyme||Rosie Fitzcarron||"The Gongoozlers"|
|2005||Down to Earth||Louise Mottram||"Sisterly Feelings", "Cowboys"|
|2005||The Bill||DS Liz Garrett||"302: The Decoy - Parts 1 & 2"|
|2006||Hustle||Emily Shaw||"The Hustlers News of the Day"|
|2006||The Only Boy for Me||Kate||TV film|
|2006–07||New Street Law||Annie Quick||Main role|
|2007||Half-Broken Things||Sally||TV film|
|2009||Blue Murder||Yvonne Clarke||"Tooth and Claw"|
|2009||The Bill||Liv Till||"Smash and Grab: Parts 1 & 2"|
- Geneall Listing for Lara Cazalet. Retrieved 14 July 2009.
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003). Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knighthood (107 ed.). Burke's Peerage & Gentry. ISBN 0-9711966-2-1.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2007
- Wylie, Ian (7 March 2007). "Why Lisa's in love with city". City Life. Retrieved 14 July 2009.
- BBC – New Street Law – Lara Cazalet
- Descendants of William I See listing F3, Hon. Camilla Jane Gage. Retrieved 14 July 2009.
- Milner, Catherine (17 June 2001). "Unknown P G Wodehouse songs found in family attic". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 14 July 2009.
- Bad Girls – Series 2 Cast Interviews – Lara Cazalet Archived 29 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine