This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018)
|Born||18 February 1983|
Garbagnate Milanese, Italy
|Political party||Forza Italia, The People of Freedom|
|Alma mater||Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi|
Lara Comi (born 18 February 1983) is an Italian politician, member of the European Parliament from 2009 to 2019.
Lara Comi received a bachelor's degree in economics in 2005 from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan. In 2007 she earned a master's in economics from Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, also in Milan.
In the seventh European Parliament she was a member of the delegations for relations with Afghanistan (2009–10) and Latin America (2010–14), the delegation to the EU–Mexico Joint Parliamentary Committee (2010–14), and the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection (2012–14).
In the European election of 2014, Comi retained her seat in North-West Italy, this time with 83,987 votes. She was chosen as vice-president of the European People's Party group for the eighth European Parliament. She serves on the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection and the delegation for relations with the United States.
Lara Comi hired her mother as personal assistant at her office in the European Parliament and she was sanctioned for that legal problem.
- "Dichiarazione di interessi finanziari" (PDF). 7 March 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Lara COMI". Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Composizione del gruppo FORZA ITALIA - IL POPOLO DELLA LIBERTA' - BERLUSCONI PRESIDENTE". Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Lara Comi eletta vicepresidente del Gruppo PPE al Parlamento europeo". 4 June 2014. Archived from the original on 3 January 2015. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Lara Comi eletta vicepresidente del Gruppo PPE al Parlamento europeo". Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Lo scandalo dei rimborsi Ue: sotto inchiesta anche anche altri deputati italiani". rainews. Retrieved 7 March 2017.