Laramie High School (Wyoming)
|Laramie High School|
|1710 Boulder Dr.
|School district||Albany County School District #1|
|Color(s)||Maroon, gold and white|
|Deti Stadium, the sports stadium for the school|
Coordinates: Laramie High School (LHS) is a high school (grades 9-12) in Laramie, Albany County, Wyoming, United States. In the Albany County School District, high school begins in the 9th grade (freshman year); 9th grade students are now able to attend high school in Laramie due to the building of a new high school. Many LHS students concurrently attend classes at Laramie County Community College (Albany County Campus), or the University of Wyoming.
Laramie High School has an online newspaper, the CyberPlainsman.
The LHS mascot is the Plainsman (female counterpart: Lady Plainsman).
As of the opening of the new building in the 2015-16 school year, Laramie High School has the highest elevation in the state, at 7280 ft.
- John S. Bugas - former FBI agent credited with breaking up two Nazi spy rings and deterring sabotage; former director of industrial relations at Ford Motor Company
- Richard Honaker (class of 1969) - State Representative; nominee to serve as a U.S. District Judge based in Cheyenne; from Rock Springs
- Marilyn S. Kite - Justice of the Wyoming Supreme Court
- Wayde Preston - actor
- Gerry Spence - trial lawyer, author, and television legal consultant
- http://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-google-maps-find-altitude.htm (address: 920 Boulder Dr., Laramie, WY 82070)
- Collier, P & Horowitz, D. (1987). The Fords - An American Epic. Summet Press
- “AUTOS: Young Henry Takes a Risk.” TIME Magazine Monday, Feb. 04, 1946
- "Federal Bureau of Investigation - The Detroit Division: A Brief History." Federal Bureau of Investigation - Detroit - Homepage. Web. 15 Mar. 2011. <http://detroit.fbi.gov/history.htm>
- Governor's press release about Marilyn S. Kite (Justice of the Wyoming Supreme Court).
|This Wyoming school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|