|League||American Association (2011-present) (South Division)|
|Colors||Gold, black, silver, white
|Ownership||Laredo Baseball Holdings, Inc.|
|General Manager||Marcus Holliman|
The Laredo Lemurs are a professional baseball team based in Laredo, Texas, that has been playing in the independent American Association since 2012. The team plays their home games at the Uni-Trade Stadium in Laredo, replacing the Laredo Broncos of United League Baseball.
Until the 2012 season, the team was located in Shreveport, Louisiana, and was known as the Shreveport-Bossier Captains. In late 2011, the franchise announced its move to Laredo, and the team was renamed. Media coverage suggested that the move was motivated by a deteriorating ballpark and the "inability of the local market to support professional baseball."
In September 2013, the Lemurs' Tano Tijerina, a former minor-league pitcher in the Milwaukee Brewers' system, and the incoming County Judge for Webb County, was the starting pitcher in the inaugural "Family Chevrolet Sister Cities Baseball Classic" at Uni-Trade Stadium.
For the 2014 season the Laredo Lemurs will have new ownership with investors still yet to be announced.
Laredo Lemurs roster
|Active (22-man) roster||Coaches/Other|
|Laredo Lemurs |
|Season||W - L Record||Winning Percentage||Finish||Playoffs|
|2012||54-46||.540||1st in South Division||Lost first round to Wichita Wingnuts 0–3|
|2013||52-47||.525||2nd in South Division||Did not qualify for playoffs|
|2014||58-42||.580||2nd in South Division||Lost to Wichita Wingnuts 1–3|
|2015||57-43||.570||2nd in South Division||League Champions, 3–1|
- 2012 season: Lost to Wichita 3–0 in semifinals.
- 2013 season: Lost to Wichita 3–1 in semifinals.
- 2015 season: Defeated Wichita 3–2 in semifinals; defeated Sioux City 3–1 to win championship.
- AAIPB: Laredo Lemurs profile
- "Shreveport-Bossier Captains moving to Laredo". 2011-11-29. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "Another potential AA defection: Shreveport-Bossier exploring options". 2011-08-19. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "Tano Tijerina to Pitch in First Sister Cities Classic, September 18, 2013". oursportscentral.com. Retrieved April 27, 2014.
- Zach Davis, "Lemurs add local: Laredo's Tano Tijerina to pitch against Tecos", Laredo Morning Times, September 19, 2013, p. B1
- "Lemurs Win First American Association Title". American Association Baseball. Retrieved September 21, 2015.