|League||American Association (2011-2016) (South Division)|
|Colors||Black, gold, silver, white
The Laredo Lemurs were a professional baseball team based in Laredo, Texas, that played in the independent American Association since 2012. The team played their home games at the Uni-Trade Stadium in Laredo, replacing the Laredo Broncos of United League Baseball. The team withdrew from the league prior to the start of the 2017 season.
Until the 2012 season, the team was located in Shreveport, Louisiana, and was known as the Shreveport-Bossier Captains. In late 2011, the franchise announced its move to Laredo, and the team was renamed. Media coverage suggested that the move was motivated by a deteriorating ballpark and the "inability of the local market to support professional baseball."
In September 2013, the Lemurs' Tano Tijerina, a former minor-league pitcher in the Milwaukee Brewers' system, and the incoming County Judge for Webb County, was the starting pitcher in the inaugural "Family Chevrolet Sister Cities Baseball Classic" at Uni-Trade Stadium.
On May 3, 2017, the Lemurs announced that they would be withdrawing from the American Association and would not operate a team in 2017.
|Laredo Lemurs |
|Season||W - L Record||Winning Percentage||Finish||Playoffs|
|2012||54-46||.540||1st in South Division||Lost first round to Wichita Wingnuts 0–3|
|2013||52-47||.525||2nd in South Division||Did not qualify for playoffs|
|2014||58-42||.580||2nd in South Division||Lost to Wichita Wingnuts 1–3|
|2015||57-43||.570||2nd in South Division||League Champions, 3–1|
|2016||57-42||.576||2nd in South Division||Did not qualify for playoffs|
- 2012 season: Lost to Wichita 3–0 in semifinals.
- 2013 season: Lost to Wichita 3–1 in semifinals.
- 2015 season: Defeated Wichita 3–2 in semifinals; defeated Sioux City 3–1 to win championship.
- AAIPB: Laredo Lemurs profile
- "Shreveport-Bossier Captains moving to Laredo". 2011-11-29. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "Another potential AA defection: Shreveport-Bossier exploring options". 2011-08-19. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "Tano Tijerina to Pitch in First Sister Cities Classic, September 18, 2013". oursportscentral.com. Retrieved April 27, 2014.
- Zach Davis, "Lemurs add local: Laredo's Tano Tijerina to pitch against Tecos", Laredo Morning Times, September 19, 2013, p. B1
- Gallardo, Yocelin (May 3, 2017). "Lemurs Owner Withdraws Team from League". KGNS.com. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- "Lemurs Win First American Association Title". American Association Baseball. Retrieved September 21, 2015.