|Bakhsh (Districts)||Central District, Beyram District, Evaz District, Banaruiyeh District, Sahray Bagh District, Juyom District|
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Larestan County (Persian: شهرستان لارستان) is a county in Fars Province in Iran. The capital of the county is Lar. The county has eight cities: Lar, Evaz, Beyram, Banaruiyeh, Fishvar, Juyom, Khur, and Latifi. The county is subdivided into six districts: the Central District, Beyram, Evaz District, Banaruiyeh, Sahray Bagh, and Juyom.
Under medieval age, Laristan was ruled by the local dynasty of Miladi, until it was removed by a Safavid invasion in 1610. In the thirteenth century, Larestan briefly became a center of trade and commerce in southern Persia. Larestan was nearly always an obscure region, never becoming involved in the politics and conflicts of mainstream Persia.
At the 2006 census, Larestan county's population was 223,235 people.
- Bastak and Bastak County
- Gerash County
- Hola (ethnic group)
- Khonj County
- Lamerd County
- Larestani people
- Gitashenasi Province Atlas of Iran
اطلس گیتاشناسی استانهای ایران
- A Contrastive Analysis of Inflectional Markings of English and Lari Dialect Verbs: Morphosyntactic Properties vs. Phonological Clitics (PDF). p. 795.
- The History of Ancient Iran, Part 3, Volume 7. Richard Nelson Frye. pp. 27–29.
- "Larestani, Lari in Iran".
- "Larestani people of Iran".
The Larestani people are predominantly Sunni Muslims.
- "Larestani People".
- Islamic Desk Reference. E. J. Van Donzel. p. 225.
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- Donald P. McCrory (2002). No ordinary man, The life and times of Miguel De Cervantes. London: Peter Owen Publishers. p. 150. ISBN 0-7206-1085-0.}
|This Larestan County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|